• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving

Started by SnowDog, July 25, 2009, 10:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowDog

It looks like it's my time. I've been following the events in NH for 2 years, and I should be moving in the next couple of months. I have a couple of questions:

1) I've heard that some movers get help unloading furniture. Where can I find these people? Is it here on this forum, or is there another forum.

2) I've heard that some people can get a good deal on a place to stay for a couple of weeks, in Porc Manner. Who can I talk to about this?

Thanks,

Craig (Houston)

TackleTheWorld

You have found the place right here.  If you can give people some warning as to time and place of furniture moving, they will respond here.

There are more than one Porc Manor, a few landlords post here.   I've got one in southwest corner, Porc Manor Winchester.

EthanLeeVita

Congratulations upon your move(effective as of move). :P

Kat Kanning

Cool, another soon-to-be ex-Texan.  :D

Mike Barskey

Congrats, Dog. When you arrive with your stuff (or maybe a couple days or hours before), announce the date/time and location on Porc411 and people (like me) will show up to help move you home.

Friday

I agree with what Lauren said; post it on this forum, as far in advance as possible.  Many people (including me) aren't on Porc411, and those with jobs and/or kids need more than a couple days' notice.

You can also post it to the NHPorcupines-announce Yahoo list.  Unfortunately, a lot of people left this forum during "the great political discussion war of ought seven" and never came back.

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Those of in the boonies need a couple hours to get anywhere, so more notice than that is good :)

Russell Kanning

you will get more help if people know and like you ... and you give them notice

some people we even move twice

cathleeninnh

Weekends, of course, get bigger turnouts. Makes the work really easy, but it might cost you more in refreshments. We didn't mention refreshments? Yep, I take diet Coke and no peperoni on my pizza.

Cathleen

SnowDog

Thanks guys! I'll let you know when time gets closer.

SnowDog

I'm here! I'm going to look for a job for somewhere between 30 - 90 days, (depending on how everything else holds up). :)

First order of business: Find a place to stay for a while.

Craig

K. Darien Freeheart

Mike Barskey and I got to meet SnowDog today. :)

I'm happy to say, the guy is well versed in libertarian philosophy and we anarchists busted his chops a bit this evening.

I hope his next few months are pleasant and productive for him. He should be meeting a lot of great people in that time and vice versa. :)

SnowDog

It was really uplifting to meet some of the porcs. Moving somewhere strange, and far away, can be quite unsettling. There is always doubt that one has, in the back of one's mind, that the decision made will lead to more harm that good. With my wife, house, and mortgage back in Houston, a good part of my savings can be wiped out if I don't pull this off.

The next order of business: get a computer. How can anyone do anything without a computer these days?

Craig

Mike Barskey

I'm a little late here on the forum, but I did meet you the first minute you walked into the place you're staying now. :) Welcome home. I hope the job hunt goes well.