New Hampshire Underground

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Underground Wiki

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving  (Read 2286 times)

SnowDog

• Liberty Lover
  • www.celebratecapitalism.org
Re: Moving
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39 AM NHFT »

I've been back in Houston this week, shoring up support amongst the troups, (my wife), and taking care of some things I missed. I'll be back on Saturday.

It was a pleasant and ironical encounter to find that Kayleen lives next door to where I'm staying! I met her at the 2008 Porcfest, over 1 1/2 years ago. My wife and I enjoyed her company a great deal.

Next order of business: applying for a job! I'm giving myself until April 1 to find a job.

I haven't seen a place for journal entries like this; meaning, entries describing someone's move, as it happens. So, if there's a better place, please let me know. Otherwise, I want to catalog my move here, with all the experiences and problems that I encounter.

Craig

Kat Kanning

• Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 06:33 AM NHFT »

The FSP website has a "We made the move" section where you can tell your story in detail, to help other movers.  Tim Condon was admin'ing the thing, but I don't know if he still is.

PattyLee loves dogs

• Resister
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:57 PM NHFT »

Patty Lee and Bill Walker (the elder) welcomes you, we live in Plainfield, NH now, but lived in Ferris, TX. Probably have some mutual acquaintances in Houston, perhaps Dallas. I (Patty) worked at the Texas Medical Center, TIRR when I first moved to Houston, TX a long time ago when working in hospitals was rewarding. Actually I am fond of Texas glad we moved here.  I want to encourage you in relocation. Varied FSP individual experiences probably would be enough material to make a great new HBO series ( but definitely not Sopranos). I have had my own share of struggles combined with massive enlightenment but finding a cooler and funny side of reality. I advise you that you  will have to try to be usually strong to endure the inevitable challenges. I love it here for so many reasons; wonderful summer climate is just one (contrast to summer in TX.) but most of all discovering my own individual "deeper meaning" has been unique.  ::)

porcupine kate

• Radical
  • Teacher
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 09:32 PM NHFT »

If you wind up landing in Manchester when you move you and your wife will find other Porcupines in Manchester.  I live 2 buildings over from Kayleen and we have quite a few porcupine families in the area.  Please keep us updated with your plans.
For the logistics of moving to NH check out the moving guide.

http://www.freestateproject.org/moving_guide
There is a great deal of useful info to make the move easier. 
Kate

freeman4liberty

• Independent Thinker
    • NH alternative
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 12:55 AM NHFT »

Oh noes you busted his chops.

Mike Barskey and I got to meet SnowDog today. :)

I'm happy to say, the guy is well versed in libertarian philosophy and we anarchists busted his chops a bit this evening.

I hope his next few months are pleasant and productive for him. He should be meeting a lot of great people in that time and vice versa. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up