• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving

Started by SnowDog, July 25, 2009, 10:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowDog

I've been back in Houston this week, shoring up support amongst the troups, (my wife), and taking care of some things I missed. I'll be back on Saturday.

It was a pleasant and ironical encounter to find that Kayleen lives next door to where I'm staying! I met her at the 2008 Porcfest, over 1 1/2 years ago. My wife and I enjoyed her company a great deal.

Next order of business: applying for a job! I'm giving myself until April 1 to find a job.

I haven't seen a place for journal entries like this; meaning, entries describing someone's move, as it happens. So, if there's a better place, please let me know. Otherwise, I want to catalog my move here, with all the experiences and problems that I encounter.

Craig

Kat Kanning

The FSP website has a "We made the move" section where you can tell your story in detail, to help other movers.  Tim Condon was admin'ing the thing, but I don't know if he still is.

PattyLee loves dogs

Patty Lee and Bill Walker (the elder) welcomes you, we live in Plainfield, NH now, but lived in Ferris, TX. Probably have some mutual acquaintances in Houston, perhaps Dallas. I (Patty) worked at the Texas Medical Center, TIRR when I first moved to Houston, TX a long time ago when working in hospitals was rewarding. Actually I am fond of Texas glad we moved here.  I want to encourage you in relocation. Varied FSP individual experiences probably would be enough material to make a great new HBO series ( but definitely not Sopranos). I have had my own share of struggles combined with massive enlightenment but finding a cooler and funny side of reality. I advise you that you  will have to try to be usually strong to endure the inevitable challenges. I love it here for so many reasons; wonderful summer climate is just one (contrast to summer in TX.) but most of all discovering my own individual "deeper meaning" has been unique.  ::)

porcupine kate

If you wind up landing in Manchester when you move you and your wife will find other Porcupines in Manchester.  I live 2 buildings over from Kayleen and we have quite a few porcupine families in the area.  Please keep us updated with your plans.
For the logistics of moving to NH check out the moving guide.

http://www.freestateproject.org/moving_guide
There is a great deal of useful info to make the move easier. 
Kate

freeman4liberty

Oh noes you busted his chops.

Quote from: Kevin Dean on January 22, 2010, 12:44 AM NHFT
Mike Barskey and I got to meet SnowDog today. :)

I'm happy to say, the guy is well versed in libertarian philosophy and we anarchists busted his chops a bit this evening.

I hope his next few months are pleasant and productive for him. He should be meeting a lot of great people in that time and vice versa. :)