• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What if we're rounding ourselves up?

Started by memenode, July 26, 2009, 02:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

memenode

There are some who say that the Free State Project is playing right into the hands of the governments, mainly the feds I assume, by concentrating a significant part of the movement in one convenient place where the government can just move in and in one sweep shut us all down by whatever means necessary (including direct violence and killing...). I usually tend to be optimistic about FSP and feel like there's a real chance for a voluntary society to develop in NH within our lifetimes, but at the same time I gotta wonder.. what if it all ends in blood?

For example, see this post describing how could government clamp down on the FSP movement and misrepresent their actions in the media so as for it not to raise the fuss they can't deal with. So we'd just silently go away and FSP would be dead.

What do you think about this prospect? Is it a possibility? Is anyone thinking about ways to prevent such a scenario? Does anyone have a "B plan"?

thinkliberty

I don't think there will be mass arrests in NH.

I am not afraid of the dark and I don't believe there are monsters living in my closet either.

Tim L

I have only talked with a dozen or so Freestaters,but the ones I met would not go away silently.

memenode

Well the kind of scenario I'm referring to wouldn't necessarily be mass arrests or any kind of silence. I actually hate typing these words, but what I'm referring to is an actual violent clamp down where they actually kill us.. and then claim "casualties in the midst of a raid on extremists who supported dangerous terrorists and criminals"..

Though I'm aware that our biggest weapon are cameras and internet (twitter, facebook, youtube, steaming sites etc.) and that it would probably be near impossible for government to prevent the information of what's going on to flow all over the world (just think Iranian revolution where the Iranian regime certainly tried and still couldn't fully contain it). So I guess that's some reason for optimism.. I just shudder at the thought of actually being in a violent conflict of such nature. :\

(PS: I plan on visiting NH for periods of time within 2 years if all goes well, from here in Europe, and then see if anything more permanent than 3 to 6 month stays will be possible)

MTPorcupine3

This is a possibility which leaves us with two possible scenarios:

1. It's false. In that case, those of us in the Shire will be living in (ha!) paradise, while those outside the Shire will have missed a wonderful opportunity, perhaps because of a silly belief that there'd be a mass roundup or slaughter.

2. It's true. In that case, those of us in the Shire will be rounded up or killed as heros, while those outside the Shire will live on in utter slavery, sooner or later to be rounded up or killed anyway if they try to resist tyranny.

So, if you haven't made the move: what are you waiting for?

Tom Sawyer

memenode

I see you have a reference to 1984 in your signature.

I think that is telling in your fear of the draconian crackdown.

I think Brave New World is closer to what we are dealing with...

Here is a short comparison I found
QuoteSocial critic Neil Postman contrasts the worlds of Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave New World in the foreword of his 1985 book Amusing Ourselves to Death. He writes:
What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one. Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy. As Huxley remarked in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us.

Jim Johnson

The Free State Project is in actuality a Federal Program that is able to reassign any undesirable Federal or State worker.  Under the Program, Federal and State workers classified as, "...excessively troublesome...", "...troublesome...", or "...troubally...", can be reassigned as a Super Secret Infiltrator Agent and given the task of finding out the important secrets of the FSP.

1)  Their missions are to be classified as Top, TOp, TOP Super Secret, No Eyes Ever.
2)  They are instructed to break off all direct communication with their individual agencies, until a Top Super Secret is discovered.
3)  They are told to appear as slightly quirky people making livings with normal expenses, that will be reimbursed at the end of the Program.
4)  The Program will never end.  This an unfunded Program and does not appear on any roster of Federal or State projects.

In essence it is a way to fire federal and state employees with out actually firing them.

Since the Free State Project is open to public sign ons, there could be as many as three or four members that are not Federal or State Agents.

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Hey does anyone know were I can find the marijuana?

AntonLee

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on July 26, 2009, 08:59 PM NHFT

I just watched Bruno. After hearing that quote again, I can't help but wonder if that guy was just some actor ad-libbing and pretending to be a REALLY bad fed just to catch reactions on video.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on July 26, 2009, 10:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on July 26, 2009, 08:59 PM NHFT

I just watched Bruno. After hearing that quote again, I can't help but wonder if that guy was just some actor ad-libbing and pretending to be a REALLY bad fed just to catch reactions on video.

It's inevitable that people from the same Departments will start recognizing each other... and that they will try to cover for each other.

Fluff and Stuff

I don't expect the federal government to travel to the 200ish towns of NH and start killing state representatives, lawyers, teachers, nurses, firefighters, college students, radio hosts, writers, and so on.  While NH is a small state, it isn't exactly a small area.  Many of the people moving to NH for freedom are not even FSP participants.  Plus you have to figure in the liberty loving locals, which out number the FSP folks.  I guess if over a thousand people turn up dead in NH very shortly, I'll reevaluate this.

Kat Kanning

A meteor could hit the earth and kill us all tomorrow.  It's not very productive to dwell on 'what ifs'.

KBCraig

They can't even tell Jim Johnson from Russell Kanning. Or vice versa, I forget.

How worried should we really be that we'll all be rounded up?