• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

MHD crew comes to Detroit with drama

Started by bigmike, August 04, 2009, 12:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike

Hey for those that don't follow the itinerary of the MHD, they showed up in the burbs outside of the D with Ryan from Anchorage Alaska and Paul (I think Kersey) from the Michigan free market think tank, the Mackinac Center.

I saw an article by Jason Talley on Strike the Root this morning and thought "oh yeah, haven't checked in on the MHD guys in a few weeks...are they ok?"

As it turns out, they're showing up in Michigan about 10 minutes from where I live...tonight.

My buddy James and I just showed up, were welcomed by Kurt and his wife Linda (I think, sorry) who hosted the party, met a bunch of cool people including Jason from Sakal CAI and his crew, and about 10 more liberty activists.

I shouldn't have to tell anyone the good time that was had when strangers meet strangers with similar beliefs.

The 411 story is that the MHD guys were late because they were again detained at the Canadian border.

There's a freeway (not so free) in Detroit that, if you accidentally access a particular off ramp, you're stuck going to Canada. No turning around even if you screwed up. Tell them you made a navigating error...they have a reason to check everything.

The MHD guys found out the hard way. Questioned and detained by the Michigan side, forced to cross the Ambassador Bridge into Canadia, turn around and then deal with those idiots. The delay was about 5 hours total, but they were only 20 minutes late to the meet up.

I got to check out MARV, signed the "guest book", took some cool pics and partied/chilled with the MHD guys. For as much inconvenience as they put up with I think they're having fun. There may also be some plans in the works to expose Detroiters to what it's like to know your rights and assert them, only to have them stepped on by the people that Detroiters count on.

If you're not yet in New Hampshire I recommend following the guys at MotorHomeDiaries.com to check their itinerary and find out what Jason, Pete, Ryan (for a little bit) and MARV are up to. They may be coming to a town near you.

Fluff and Stuff

Sounds good.  Glad you had fun.  Ryan's already moved to NH, btw :)

bigmike

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on August 04, 2009, 12:43 AM NHFT
Sounds good.  Glad you had fun.  Ryan's already moved to NH, btw :)

Yup. He told me he's going to the Liberty Bunker after some family obligations....but he may come to Manchester if I pull off a level of activism that he wants to be a part of.

We exchanged info. He's a good kid and I told him I'd keep him in the loop of the "new level" of Manchester activism he can come to expect once I get there.

K. Darien Freeheart

I'm such a Motorhome Diaries fanboy, I know who Avril, Britney and Christina are...

Yeah... It's scary. :P

Kat Kanning

Fanboy...is that like being a houseboy?  :o

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteFanboy...is that like being a houseboy?

I'd tell ya, but my experience as a houseboy included a NDA... Sorry.  8)

Kat Kanning