• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton: Angry crowd blocked from "Obama-care event"

Started by Kat Kanning, August 04, 2009, 02:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

THERE ARE NOW NUMEROUS OPPORTUNITIES TO ATTEND "TOWN HALLS" ACROSS NH., including a POSSIBLE, repeat, POSSIBLE visit by the President on or around a window of time starting August 11. We want to be especially 'on alert' for that - so stay tuned!

NH-TPC activists WILL be planning to be present at these locations on WEDS AND THURS:

JEANNE SHAHEEN STAFF
HEALTH CARE FORUM
GRAFTON TOWN HALL
GRAFTON, NH
THURSDAY AUGUST 6, 2009
FROM 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Noon

ANDREW HEMINGWAY and OMER AHERN WILL ATTEND
Please try to be outside by 9:15 AM
Bring appropriate signs, be prepared for rain.*
CAP AND TRADE and HEALTH CARE are the issues
WATCH WEBSITE for last-minute cancellations.
WATCH TWITTER for last-minute cancellations.
www.nhteapartycoalition.org
www.twitter.com/nhteaparties

AntonLee

I thought i just heard on the radio that Shaheen was only doing TELE-townhalls now after this weekend's craziness at the other live town halls in the nation.

Kat Kanning

She's making her staffers go maybe?  I don't know.  It didn't say Shaheen herself would be there.

Russell Kanning

looks like just to lower level guys are coming to Grafton to try and talk people into obamacare

Kat Kanning

Oh they said 'Grafton Town Hall'...they mean the firestation, no?

Kat Kanning

http://newhampshirefreepress.com/node/468

When Government Fears the People

By Kat Kanning
August 6, 2009

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. -- Thomas Jefferson

The "Town Hall Meeting" in Grafton, New Hampshire today had to be basically canceled because too much opposition showed up to voice their opinions on Obama's socialized healthcare plan and Cap and Trade taxation. These Town Hall meeting are being held across the country to reduce resistance to Obamacare, but the meetings are not having the desired effect. According to POLITICO, "Screaming constituents, protesters dragged out by the cops, congressmen fearful for their safety — welcome to the new town-hall-style meeting, the once-staid forum that is rapidly turning into a house of horrors for members of Congress." Crowds from Massachusetts to Texas have boo'd and shouted down their congressmen, who seek to shove the healthcare bill down the throats of unwilling Americans.

In Grafton today, when it became apparent that the number of opponent were too numerous, the Jeanne Shaheen staffer sent to propagandize the people called off the meeting and said she would talk to to people one by one. Apparently she wanted to avoid the mod scene that is becoming so common throughout the country. I called her a coward and left. Nothing I had to say would influence her, since they were here to influence us, not actually listen to us.

It appears that the government is beginning to fear the people they have been so blithely oppressing. That is good news for us.

John

When anti nanny state activists showed up at Grafton town hall this morning - outnumbering government control activists - it was said that there was not enough room in town hall. So, the volunteer firefighter guys quickly cleared equipment out of the fire station (right next door) making room for the town hall meeting.
Next, the bureaucrat woman came out and declared that she would not be meeting us as a group --- ie NO TOWN HALL MEETING --- but that she would talk - one on one - with anyone who wanted to.
All we had to do was form a line and wait  - out in the sun.
Some of us were not interested in standing in line to talk to a bureaucrat. So, we left.

One person pleaded that we stay, saying, "We need you here." One person said that if we leave than they win. But the truth is that the bureaucrat had backed down - there was no town meeting in Grafton today!

BTW - If this is how they sell their stupid government controlled health care, just imagine the lines if they ever push it down your throat.

freeman4liberty

I don't know where I should put this, so I'll post this here.

Around here, not NH yet, they (the political parties, maybe just the DNC) are running adds asking people to call their congressman and basically tell them they're doing a great job.  It's really strange, to be running those types of adds with out an election around the corner.  I take these adds to be a sign of weakness. 

I also had the thought that maybe people should do the opposite of what the add is asking for, just for fun.

Keyser Soce

John

KBCraig

Dave Ridley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVyXAPu9D0

Democrat Senator Jeanne Shaheen's representative tries to limit videotaping and limit expected "town hall meeting" to a few people at a time. Apparently there was a general miscommunication to the public regarding the nature of the event...Shaheen operatives say it was not supposed to be a town hall meeting

Diggable at:
http://digg.com/politics/Angry_crowd_blocked_from_Obama_care_event_in_NH

Russell Kanning

think how angry they will get when they have to wait in obamacare lines

Russell Kanning