• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Carpenter for hire - new mover

Started by TippyCanoe, August 06, 2009, 03:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TippyCanoe

Howdy Liberty Lovers!
I'm FSP new mover #722!

Just hanging my shingle out here...because I seriously need some work and help with networking for carpentry jobs!

Cowgirl Carpentry is now in the Shire. Have tools, will travel! Small jobs gladly taken!

Things I do:
Light framing & finish carpentry, remodels, flooring, baseboards, door & window trim, cabinets & custom built-in's & bookcases, wood door & window repair/replacement, hardware installation & tuning, furniture repair & tightening, small drywall repairs, exterior wood siding & trim – like cedar shingles & clapboards, cement clapboards, board & batten, some roofing & repairs, water damage and rot repair, deck board/rail replacement, screen/storm doors, screen rooms, Ikea assembly & installation, homeowner project rescues. Much more, just ask me!

Things I don't do:
Tile, vinyl siding, masonry, linoleum, electrical, plumbing, new decks (but can work with existing decks).

Big or small, all jobs considered. Free estimates.
14 years carpentry experience in all phases of construction.
Great references.
Reasonable rates – get your small project done!
Certain barters, trades, or precious metals considered in lieu of Federal Reserve notes.
Have repaired antique furniture, including famous dead artist's work.
[ http://www.peasantvillage.com/ ]
Have historic restoration woodworking background, working in some of the oldest houses in America on Cape Cod.

Let's talk!
Please email me at cowgirlcarpentry@gmail.com or call Buzz @ 603-247-2184
Thank you!

Russell Kanning

Pat K

Friday

Oh geez... did someone in the FSP really tell you you're mover #722?   :-[

FYI, that number on the front page of the FSP website that says 734 in New Hampshire includes over 200 people who were already living here when the state vote took place.  You're probably more like mover #500 (which is a cooler number anyway).

TippyCanoe

Hey, thanks for the replies!

Russell - I have a cargo trailer to transport my gear, so I'm totally mobile. I'm in the lakes area, but would be willing to travel up to 70-80 miles, so that pretty much covers most of the Shire.

Pat - that's the one!

Friday - the FSP odometer number was at 721 before I updated my info and flipped to 722 when I posted it, so I thought I was 722.

MaineShark

I can vouch for Buzz.  I subcontracted a small job to her, which included a bit of framing and some finish work.  She did even the framing with finish-level accuracy.

We'll likely be hiring her in the future to add some built-in bookcases, and take care of a few other projects.

Joe

JonM

722-253 (previously in nh) = 469.  Of course, people have moved to NH then moved out again, so pegging your actual mover # is more of an art than a science, the website doesn't log changes to addresses to allow us to track who moved when.  And there's all the people who moved and didn't update their address . . .

TippyCanoe

Thanks everyone for the networking advice and the calls and emails! I love my new community! <3 <3 <3

I'm still booking for late Sept. and exterior work into November. If you have interior work that can be done over the course of the winter, then let's talk & get you on the calendar now! Small projects are my specialty - especially if you can't get a contractor to give you call back. All jobs considered and all calls returned.

Barters of all types considered, including:
   - gold, silver,
   - a 4WD "beater" truck to get me through the winter,
   - an Onan or portable gas generator,
   - solar, wind, and 12v DC equipment,
   - ammo: 12g, 9mm, 7.62x39
   - a set of 14" studded snow tires...

Don't let "money" get in the way of your project!
We can trade. Whaddaya got? ;)

~Tippy