• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cabin for sale / rent - Danbury, NH

Started by PassionatePantherrr, August 07, 2009, 11:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PassionatePantherrr

See the post on Craigslist here.

http://nh.craigslist.org/reo/1488676028.html (Modified to update the craigslist url)

Please let me know, the sooner the better.

-Denise

Kat Kanning

Whoever rents this will be our neighbor :)

Russell Kanning

how much have the taxes been in the past?

AntonLee

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 08, 2009, 07:13 AM NHFT
how much have the taxes been in the past?

The assessed value is $103,620 , annual taxes are $1758.44

PassionatePantherrr

Updated info:
http://nh.craigslist.org/reo/1444188232.html

Ask me or Joe if you have any questions, sooner the better.

-Denise
-------

Camp on 3.4 Acres, adjacent to 80 conservation acres, for sale or rent.

The basics are as follows:

It is on a town maintained dirt road, shares a right-of-way/driveway with the neighbor, and I was able to get in and out of there with my Saturn in the wintertime. It is set back from the road, and the trees near the road block the view of passers-by. Danbury is  small, but has Ragged Mountain Ski Resort, the Inn at Danbury for great german food, and there's a boat launch for Waukeena Lake a mile from the cabin. It sits on a 3.4 acre lot, adjacent to 80 acres of conservation land (as it doesn't have road access, no one can build on it). It's about 1 mile from Grafton on back roads, and is easy to commute to New London or Andover from there on the back roads as well.

It's small (I can dig up the exact dimensions for you, but something like 30x40), has a bedroom (1 bdr), a bathroom (toilet/shower/hot water on a 2bdr septic with it's own well) and a great room with kitchen area/sink, electric, phone, and the internet access would be best via Verizon Wireless. The stovetop is propane, and it has both a woodstove and a propane heater. It could use some work, and we would reimburse any pre-authorized repairs if we were renting it. We have no problem with pets being there, and it can be furnished or unfurnished. To rent, it would be approx $600/ mo, to purchase we would ask $80k. The rental price can be negotiable if a year lease is signed. It will be available at the end of November, so please contact us with any reasonable offers asap. Thanks!

Kat Kanning

What happened to the family that was living there?

PassionatePantherrr

Moving closer to Concord (P, who now has a very part-time job, & the kids), and L is taking a job back home (temporarily, starts mid-Nov) to make ends meet, since he'd been out of work for awhile. He figures he can job search more effectively if he is currently employed, as well as having a NH local address.

Kat Kanning

MaineShark

It should be noted that there's also room for a 40-foot (or maybe even a bit larger) mobile home on the lot.  Or one of those shipping-container homes that folks have been talking about.

Live in the cabin while setting something else up, then move into the new place and rent out the cabin to new movers, maybe?

Joe

rs38bj

This cabin is available- I had rented it through June 14th.  It is a nice cabin-and a good place to start.  But I will not be back in the grafton area during that time so it is available to be rented. 

MaineShark

And, just as a note, if someone does rent it, rs38bj gets a refund of the unused portion of his rent.  So if you might be interested, that might encourage you to get moving sooner, rather than later.

Joe

CJS

What is the rent per month ?

Would month too month be welcome ... with a commitment of say 6 months ? 

What was the cost to purchase outright .. if I remember correctly the parcel was more than a few acres .

MaineShark

rs38bj

I miss that area so much. 

If you ever consider buying the cabin you'll find it well priced compared to the local property prices.  About a half mile away there's a smaller and no so well built cabin on less than one acre for 33,000. 

Denise and Joe's cabin is very well insulated for one thing, built to last, and it's got 3 1/2 acres.  Just not enough acreage for me, I need at least 25-50 for my purposes.