• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Schism!

Started by Mark_FTL, August 09, 2009, 01:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

those people who are namecalling because they feel like no one wants to help them should go suck an egg.  You can't force people to do things, so what you're going to go around making fun of people who choose to do different activism?

how juvenile.  Is that the way you get sales?  If they don't go along with the crap you're shoveling you start making fun of them and what they do?

Probably not right, because then you won't get anything but a dial tone.  Take a hint politicos.

Kat Kanning

I think this is just a lame attempt at generating controversy for the radio show.

Puke

Quote from: Mark_FTL on August 09, 2009, 06:53 PM NHFT
I should define what I mean by support. I won't talk crap about activism that I think is good and helpful. I just won't help in that activism. I won't shun or refuse to hang out with people I like or love as a result either. I just wish to show others the alienation they are growing in others.

This is pretty much what people do anyway.
I have helped in some elections and some I have not.

Some CD activism I have helped in; some I have not.

[SHRUG]

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mark_FTL on August 09, 2009, 01:11 PM NHFT
I will no longer lend my support to the activism of activists that refuse to vote to protect their friends and neighbors from the aggressions of the government.
You cannot debate me on this topic online .... I will soon delete your thread. I also will not allow you to debate me on your radio show. You must debate me while cutting wood on our farm.
... thank you for your support.

Russell Kanning

btw ... i have voted in local elections ... had my issue win ... in nh ... and have them ignore it
they hold elections to pretend they listen to us

stand in line mark .... you are not the first free stater to lose his mind over the rest of us not voting ... you are like #200

we will be waiting for you on the other side :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Puke on August 10, 2009, 05:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: Mark_FTL on August 09, 2009, 06:53 PM NHFT
I should define what I mean by support. I won't talk crap about activism that I think is good and helpful. I just won't help in that activism. I won't shun or refuse to hang out with people I like or love as a result either. I just wish to show others the alienation they are growing in others.

This is pretty much what people do anyway.
I have helped in some elections and some I have not.

Some CD activism I have helped in; some I have not.

[SHRUG]

There you go!

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 10, 2009, 05:40 AM NHFT
btw ... i have voted in local elections ... had my issue win ... in nh ... and have them ignore it
they hold elections to pretend they listen to us

stand in line mark .... you are not the first free stater to lose his mind over the rest of us not voting ... you are like #200

we will be waiting for you on the other side :)
That was in Keene which is a lost cause anyway, but, you failed to persue it!

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on August 10, 2009, 01:09 AM NHFT
Voting at the town level equates to standing up in front of your neighbors and telling them, "No, don't steal from me!" Not voting equals "I don't care, take whatever you want."

If it equates to that, why not just stand in front of them and tell them that?

Lloyd Danforth

Good idea!  Do that. Then vote.

dalebert

Russell has had the wisdom to broach the subject, but for the most part, this entire discussion seems to largely miss what is really quite fascinating. What is the obsession about? Why is anyone so desperate to get the moral support of such a small number (by their own admission) of people?

I hear a lot of non-voters arguing for why the effort of voting isn't worth it to them. I don't see anyone weighing the effort it takes to convert a hardcore non-voter against the effort it would take to sway a bunch more people who already vote to vote in a liberty direction.

It's a sheer numbers game. It's quantity over quality. All that matters is getting more votes. That is ALL it is. Before continuing to harp on this subject, which seems rather a waste of time and effort from any rational perspective, I think Mark and others should do some deep introspection on where this obsession comes from. Explore your true motives.

Lloyd Danforth

I don't care about Moral Support.  This is a practical issue.

"I hereby state my solemn intent to move to the State of New Hampshire. Once there, I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

What part of  I will exert the fullest practical effort do you not understand?

Tom Sawyer

This thread is like Deja vu, all over again. ;D

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 10, 2009, 07:32 AM NHFT
I don't care about Moral Support.  This is a practical issue.

But it's not practical to spend so much effort on a few devout non-voters. Not even remotely close to a hint of a wisp of practical. It's obsessive and neurotic.

Lloyd Danforth

Effort?  The libertarians running for office are exerting the effort. All anyone asks is that their friends spend 1 minute in the booth!

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 10, 2009, 07:55 AM NHFT
Effort?  The libertarians running for office are exerting the effort. All anyone asks is that their friends spend 1 minute in the booth!

BOOM! Total subject change there. Diversion of the topic.

You said you're not looking for moral support, that it's a practical thing, and I pointed out how horribly impractical it is to spend such a huge effort on a small number of people when that same effort could be spent much more efficiently on getting your numbers another way. I'm not talking about other efforts and you know it. I'm talking about this obsessive behavior, this specific effort on such a small number of people in a game that's all about numbers. It's clearly not practical. So what's it really about?