• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A good Realtor in Concord?

Started by FTL_Ian, September 27, 2005, 01:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

We're poking around for a house.. anyone know a good Realtor in the Concord area?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 27, 2005, 01:21 PM NHFT
We're poking around for a house.. anyone know a good Realtor in the Concord area?

Try Dave Mincin at: davemincin@gmail.com

He's a very active Porc.  On the seacoast, but, probably has access to listings in the entire state.

FTL_Ian

I think I'll need someone in the area, as odds are we're going to buy without actually physically seeing the house first.  So I need someone who can go and check the place out, take pictures, and recommend a good home inspector as well.

Dreepa

If it is an older home I have a good home inspector.
I would highly recommend flying out to see the house.
I did not see the house that I bought but my wife did.
If we had bought unseen we might have ended up with a different house and my wife was shocked when she saw it in person.
So we ended up with the house I saw on the internet (that I wanted to begin with).

FTL_Ian

Whatever house we get will be temporary for us.  It just has to be livable.  My plan is now as follows:

-Buy a multi family in the Concord area, since that's where the political action is and it's pretty central.
-Move in hopefully March/April of 2006
-Be an activist / Do the show, get more liberty for the state, while we research and visit the rest of the state to find a perfect spot to custom build a new home.  Maybe by the time we're ready to build there will be some sort of Liberty enclave project forming, as I'd like to own property, but not through the government, for maximum privacy.

Lloyd Danforth

I would still go with Dave Mincin.  There are several Porcs in Concord who could take pictures and/or walk thru with a home inspector.

Dreepa

Yeah I had just signed my contract when I found out that Dave was a realtor.....
Keep $$ within the Porc family.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 27, 2005, 01:21 PM NHFT

Woohoo!  Ian's moving!  :D

Michael Fisher

FTL_Ian

We've been itching for a while, now Manwich is talking seriously about going in on a multi-family together!  We figure Concord would be the spot as a temporary base.  I'm thinking between the two of us $300,000 will be the max that we'll spend, but we're in the initial phase right now, so that's not firm.

Depending on the amount of units in the Multi, we'd rent to other Porcs at below market rates, especially after I move out to a permanent location... wherever that ends up being.

jgmaynard

You might also want to talk to Bert Cox (he runs 1House.com and the NHREIA).

He has lots of properties available and is very porc-friendly  ;D

JM

FTL_Ian

lildog

There's an agency called Buyers Realty that I highly recommend.  They only deal with people buying so they wont push you on houses they are trying to sell since they don?t actually do the selling.  And since they are looking out for the buyers they wont be afraid to talk you out of houses that need too much work or have problems.

FTL_Ian

Heyduke

Here are a couple of good tips for you in seeking for a realtor in NH: 

1)  use www.nneren.com to find a property--it is the MLS listing service for NH

2)  use www.masiello.com to cross reference a property and obtain a street address and map the property

3)  NH uses Sellers Agents/Buyers Agents.  If you identify a property, identify the exact listing agent.  Approach them and inform them that you wish to enter into a 'Buyer's Agent' relationship with them.  They are then obligated to represent YOU instead of a Seller, even if the Seller is listing a property with THEM.  An additional bonus to this client relationship is that you can 'fire' an agent with no recourse. 

REAgents have a job and are real people and blah blah blah--they have made a killing up here in the last 10-15 years, and in many places the properties are overvalued.  Inventories are increasing and the amount of time properties are on the market has increased quite a bit. 

And yes, I would be more than happy to help anyone out with questions or otherwise.