• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

might be a strange question

Started by SWilliams, October 30, 2005, 04:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Heck, in Oregon, we wouldn't see the sun for three months at a time.

cathleeninnh

As a southerner, I will say that winter lighting here is very noticeably different. Even broad daylight is dimmer and the sun's path much lower than in southern climes. We all know that is going to be the case, but experiencing it is something else.

I have been reading The Healing Brain this week. It points out that the mind/brain is powerful in it's normalizing function. The strangest, most shocking circumstances are quickly adjusted to and rendered normal and assumed survivable. It is change that gets the most attention.

By the end of the winter, even dim sunshine triggers desires to go sleeveless to soak up the rays. And people do while the temperature is no more than 40F.

Cathleen   

AlanM

I worked as a carpenter for many years. In Dec. we thought 30 degrees was cold. By Feb., 30 degrees felt balmy. We would be working in just a heavy shirt.  8)

citizen_142002

I distinctly remember experiencing the spring warming phenomenon. There was a warm spell in February when it must have hit mid forties in the sun. Snowboarding naked felt perfectly fine. Refreshing actually.

Kat Kanning