• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Eeewww, I just drank some water out of my cup and found a dead gnat in it!

Started by Raineyrocks, August 19, 2009, 12:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Do you think they poop in there, when they are drowning?

I feel so yucky! :-\

sandm000

I just read Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man, one of the things he says it that People with wells consider it a sign of drinkable water if you get a newt with your water, never bothering to wonder if the newt would get out to go to the bathroom.

But seriously, gnat water sounds delicious.

Sam A. Robrin

After discovering a flea in a glass of water I was drinking, I asked the veterinarian, who told me that yes, the same larvae that live in fleas and infest cats with worms can infect people as well. 
I have lots more disquieting thoughts, if you ever worry that you're getting too complacent . . .

dalebert

It's like dad always told me, don't worry. They don't drink much.

cathleeninnh

And you didn't even drink it. Think of all the things you ingest that you weren't aware of? After all, a certain amount of contaminants are legal in mass produced foodstuffs. I think pickles are even made in open vats.

Let's make Rainey really paranoid!

Cathleen

Friday

I was in a bar once having a drink, and noticed something stuck to the inside of my glass.  I showed it to the waitress to ask for a fresh drink, and she said "Oh, I know what THAT is; it's a roach leg!"  Talk about TMI!!!!!

:puke:

Jim Johnson

It's just protein... ask your husband to pick up some Spanish Fly.

K. Darien Freeheart

It's nothing to worry about. You breathe in more animal turds every time you inhale than was likely in that cup.

Don't fear the world for all the icky stuff. Admire your immune system for the fact that none of it affects you.

FYI, in brewing, we notice gnats or fruit flies. A single gnat has enough acidiophilus bacteria on it to ruin a 5 gallon batch of wine. That said, beer must be STERILE, you don't have to be.

KBCraig

I had to laugh at one of my co-workers tonight. We were starting the shift, and he picked up the phone, looked at it, grimaced, and had to clean it with hand sanitizer before making his call.

I thought, Dude: seriously, you've worked in a prison for 21 years. You have an immune system that kills squirrels in the back yard.

Spraying everything with gelatinized alcohol just interferes with the natural immunity process.

Pat K

When I find bugs drinking in my Beer , I make the little SOB'S spit it out.

Becky Thatcher

Raineyrocks

Quote from: sandm000 on August 19, 2009, 07:57 AM NHFT
I just read Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man, one of the things he says it that People with wells consider it a sign of drinkable water if you get a newt with your water, never bothering to wonder if the newt would get out to go to the bathroom.

But seriously, gnat water sounds delicious.

Yucky!  :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on August 19, 2009, 09:11 AM NHFT
After discovering a flea in a glass of water I was drinking, I asked the veterinarian, who told me that yes, the same larvae that live in fleas and infest cats with worms can infect people as well. 
I have lots more disquieting thoughts, if you ever worry that you're getting too complacent . . .

Yup, I knew that about fleas with cats but I didn't know about people.   Nah, I have enough disquieting thoughts as it is, no complacency here!  :D

Raineyrocks