• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Eeewww, I just drank some water out of my cup and found a dead gnat in it!

Started by Raineyrocks, August 19, 2009, 12:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathleeninnh on August 19, 2009, 10:49 AM NHFT
And you didn't even drink it. Think of all the things you ingest that you weren't aware of? After all, a certain amount of contaminants are legal in mass produced foodstuffs. I think pickles are even made in open vats.

Let's make Rainey really paranoid!

Cathleen

I'm actually not sure if I drank some before I noticed it.  :P   Nah, I'd rather not think of things I ingest that I don't know about.  :ignore: ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Friday on August 19, 2009, 12:41 PM NHFT
I was in a bar once having a drink, and noticed something stuck to the inside of my glass.  I showed it to the waitress to ask for a fresh drink, and she said "Oh, I know what THAT is; it's a roach leg!"  Talk about TMI!!!!!

:puke:

Eeewww, poor you!  Seriously!

My sister-in-law was drinking iced tea outside at night quite a few years ago and she got this weird look on her face so I was waiting to see why; she spit out a big gigantic roach or water bug, if they're are the same.   It went crawling away!  I almost barfed and felt so bad for her but I told her not to put it down on the steps. :-\
I didn't listen to my own advice one time and put my beer down in the grass, there was a bee in it and I spit it out, yuk! :P

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 19, 2009, 02:32 PM NHFT
It's just protein... ask your husband to pick up some Spanish Fly.

Trust me, he doesn't need Spanish Fly!  :P

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kevin Dean on August 19, 2009, 04:12 PM NHFT
It's nothing to worry about. You breathe in more animal turds every time you inhale than was likely in that cup.

Don't fear the world for all the icky stuff. Admire your immune system for the fact that none of it affects you.

FYI, in brewing, we notice gnats or fruit flies. A single gnat has enough acidiophilus bacteria on it to ruin a 5 gallon batch of wine. That said, beer must be STERILE, you don't have to be.

:ignore:   One day, I'll work on the "admiring my immune system" stuff though!  :D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on August 20, 2009, 02:39 AM NHFT
I had to laugh at one of my co-workers tonight. We were starting the shift, and he picked up the phone, looked at it, grimaced, and had to clean it with hand sanitizer before making his call.

I thought, Dude: seriously, you've worked in a prison for 21 years. You have an immune system that kills squirrels in the back yard.

Spraying everything with gelatinized alcohol just interferes with the natural immunity process.

I love my GermX!  :D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on August 20, 2009, 03:18 AM NHFT
When I find bugs drinking in my Beer , I make the little SOB'S spit it out.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

That's an approach I can appreciate!

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteI love my GermX!

Think about this logically for a sec, rainey. Those things kill 99.9% of germs. So, after you've rubbed your hands with GermX, you've got 0.01% of bacteria on your hands that are immune to germX. When you hit it again, you continue to wipe out the ones that are easily defeated, but eliminate competition for the ones that are getting stronger and stronger.

And, in the process, drying out your skin, creating microscopic cracks in your body's greatest defense against invasion - your skin.

And in the process, antibacterial things kill germs... yet the common cold... and the flu... are VIRUSES.

Bacteria that poses a risk to humans are almost always taken in by mouth, in food.

At the VERY least, even if GermX and anti-bacterial soaps aren't harmful to ya, they're rip-offs.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kevin Dean on August 24, 2009, 02:05 PM NHFT
QuoteI love my GermX!

Think about this logically for a sec, rainey. Those things kill 99.9% of germs. So, after you've rubbed your hands with GermX, you've got 0.01% of bacteria on your hands that are immune to germX. When you hit it again, you continue to wipe out the ones that are easily defeated, but eliminate competition for the ones that are getting stronger and stronger.

And, in the process, drying out your skin, creating microscopic cracks in your body's greatest defense against invasion - your skin.

And in the process, antibacterial things kill germs... yet the common cold... and the flu... are VIRUSES.

Bacteria that poses a risk to humans are almost always taken in by mouth, in food.

At the VERY least, even if GermX and anti-bacterial soaps aren't harmful to ya, they're rip-offs.

HELP!  I'm losing my mind!   I'm going to keep getting ripped off with the GermX, it helps my phobias and looking on the brighter side it's cheaper than seeking the mental help I probably need.  ;D

cathleeninnh

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on August 19, 2009, 12:41 PM NHFT
I was in a bar once having a drink, and noticed something stuck to the inside of my glass.  I showed it to the waitress to ask for a fresh drink, and she said "Oh, I know what THAT is; it's a roach leg!"  Talk about TMI!!!!!

:puke:
I rented a room in a mansion that once belonged to a wealthy governor of Maine in Portland.  It was a really nice house.  Right from the start my little kitchen and bath were roach infected.  I had previously, lived in the room on the other side of the wall with some other guys and never saw  a roach!
This Hippy kid from California was in town.  He was waiting for a passport or visa or something so he could go to Europe on some 1969 equivalent of a tramp steamer, on his own.  He was 16!  I can't remember his name or what he looked like but, I remember  how impressed I was y this kid striking out on his own at that age.
He needed a place to stay for a couple of nights and I had a couch.  He was drinking a can of V8 juice and left it on the floor before he went to sleep.  When he woke up the next morning he took a slug out of it a spit out a roach.
I was really embarrassed!

Raineyrocks

cathleeninnh

You know I love you, Rainey, but sometimes you make my head hurt.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathleeninnh on August 26, 2009, 03:55 PM NHFT
You know I love you, Rainey, but sometimes you make my head hurt.

I know, I make my own head hurt sometimes too!  ;D   I feel so sorry for myself, I'm stuck with me, 24 hours a day, there's just no leaving!

P.S.  Are you sure you want me to come over for bread?  :)

Raineyrocks

Ooohhh Cathleen, I'm watching you roll your eyes at my post!  :biglaugh:    See my avatar?  ;D