• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester FIJA outreach

Started by bigmike, August 21, 2009, 04:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike

I stopped by the Hilsborough Superior Court today in downtown Manchester to inquire about the jury cases being tried in Nashua now rather than Manch.

Going through security I asked one of the guards what was happening with the building itself and he said they'll be there until the first of the year. Then the city will begin the process of having asbestos removed which they were told would take a year but he says, you know it'll take two to three. I joked and asked him if I get a respirator to conduct my business. He laughed and said nobody's said they've died yet. Good guys.

My next encounter started out OK with an exchange of pleasantries with a receptionist in the clerk's office and gradual went down hill after saying hello.

I asked if they were still performing jury trials in that location or had they moved to Nashua already. With hesitation and a look of confusion she said they were still happening there to her knowledge.

I asked if there was a way to find out when jury selection day took place and she said it's random. I asked if that information was posted online or made available in some way...

***Bureaucrat Defensive Mode Activated***

"I'm uncomfortable answering that. What is this in regards to?"

I tell her that there will be a group of people showing up on those days to perform an outreach service for potential jurors. We'll be standing around the courthouse distributing pamphlets.

She proceeds to tell me I'll have to talk to the jury clerk who won't be available until Monday morning. I ask for the jury clerk's name and she tells me to just ask for the jury clerk.

I was polite, didn't allow something so trivial to get me frustrated. But I have a feeling this may have to escalate in order to get anything from them. Maybe not, I'll call on Monday. If they refuse to answer my questions and provide me with the information I'm looking for we may have to round up the Manch-Vegas posse and run up in there on Tuesday, armed with smiles and video cameras and prepared to deliver devastatingly comfortable hugs :)

Dave Ridley

way to go, mike  !  If they obstruct , that makes this a better story.    If you can send me some numbers for the people who should know dates and times...maybe i can call them too.  Or just numbers for whoever is in charge down there.

bigmike

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 22, 2009, 12:25 AM NHFT
way to go, mike  !  If they obstruct , that makes this a better story.    If you can send me some numbers for the people who should know dates and times...maybe i can call them too.  Or just numbers for whoever is in charge down there.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a complex issue. After all, didn't you and some other activists to FIJA outreach here before?

I couldn't get a name from the defensive bureaucrat lady of who was in charge. She said just ask for the jury clerk on Monday when I call. The number I found online was 603-669-7410. If I don't get the info I could possibly try to get it through a FOIA request which I'd have to learn how to do, but these people are going to have to get to know me and my standards for transparency and openness at some point ^-^

bigmike

I spoke with Paulette Asselin the Jury Clerk at Superior Court in Manchester. She was extremely helpful, pleasant and even a little curious to know more about juror's rights.

The next jury selection date is August 31st. The potential jurors are supposed to arrive by 8:30 and it takes place every other week. I'll add to calendar.

Also, for those reading in Nashua they will be combining the two courts to your location in December and staggering jury selection. One Monday will be for the Manch superior court cases, the following Monday will be for the Nashua superior court cases.

I went to fija.org to get the printable pamphlet but they've changed the format and it doesn't appear to be on their site anymore. If someone could post the link or email me a copy I would appreciate it. And how many should I take out there?

Manch Vegans, I look forward to seeing you out there Monday morning's at 8am.

COG

Mike.

Here is the link to pamphlet on the FIJA website that we use in Keene.
http://fija.org/download/35/

I usually print up around 100 copies to bring with me & wind up giving out around 50-60.

Thank you for spreading the word on Jury Nullification to other parts of the state.
If we keep this up, New Hampshire will have the best informed jurors of any state!

Chris

FTL_Ian

Big Mike should win Manchester Activist of the Year...

Of course, he had no competition, so it was easy.  Keep it up, Big Mike!

bigmike

Quote from: COG on August 24, 2009, 08:46 PM NHFT
Mike.

Here is the link to pamphlet on the FIJA website that we use in Keene.
http://fija.org/download/35/

I usually print up around 100 copies to bring with me & wind up giving out around 50-60.

Thank you for spreading the word on Jury Nullification to other parts of the state.
If we keep this up, New Hampshire will have the best informed jurors of any state!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I was worried if I had to buy them they might not get here in time.
Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on August 24, 2009, 09:11 PM NHFT

I haven't even gotten started dude ;)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on August 24, 2009, 09:11 PM NHFT

You must be kidding.  Sure, on a per day basis, he is Manchester activist of the year but there are folks that have worked very hard this year.  For example, Cassidy.

FTL_Ian

Cassidy did her awesome event in the geopolitical designation of Keene.  Doesn't count toward Manchester Activist of the Year.  I know, because I made it up.   :icon_pirat:

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on August 24, 2009, 10:15 PM NHFT
Cassidy did her awesome event in the geopolitical designation of Keene.  Doesn't count toward Manchester Activist of the Year.  I know, because I made it up.   :icon_pirat:

Well, she did spend quite a bit of time promote FTL in the area at the recent Tool concert (and got two other folks to show up).  Promoting FTL has to count for something  ;D

bigmike

Biker Bill's video of the event is finished.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9N0ZEemXZI&eurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffreemanch.com%2Fmessages&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Thanks again to everyone who showed up and made the event a success.

FTL_Ian

Awesome job, guys!

Now, keep it up!

I wonder what area will be next doing this?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on September 01, 2009, 08:18 PM NHFT
Awesome job, guys!

Now, keep it up!

I wonder what area will be next doing this?

It should happen in Keene and Dover on 9-14-09.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: bigmike on September 01, 2009, 05:57 PM NHFT
Biker Bill's video of the event is finished.
Thanks again to everyone who showed up and made the event a success.

Thanks for the long video.  I noticed people open carrying weapons.  If the goal of such an event is to encourage everyone entering the court to take a tri-fold, it seems like open carry wouldn't be a good choice.

AntonLee

maybe the more people see the guns the less scared they'll be of them.  Official type people wear guns don't they?  Maybe the potential jurors will stop quicker if they are scared that the person handing these things out are officials.