• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester FIJA outreach

Started by bigmike, August 21, 2009, 04:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on September 02, 2009, 11:35 AM NHFT
Good point, AnCap.  Though, I never said it was nonexistant, just that Big Mike had no competition in the area of visible activism.  Those other folks are doing good things, no doubt.  It's just their efforts are largely off-the-radar, and therefore not in the same ballpark as Big Mike's work.

I don't quite get the "ballpark" comment, Ian.

Your work gets people to NH; is that off-the-radar? My FSP work gets people here too. We have had hundreds over the years pave the way for bigmike and others. Maybe we should have our own ballpark if you don't think we belong in his.

Cathleen

FTL_Ian

I wouldn't put my media work in Mike's ballpark, no.

Activism like what Mike (and other civil disobedients) have done has an element of risk that is not present in other behind-the-scenes activism or in media production.

Civil disobedients do have their own ballpark.  They are willing to risk more than the average activist.  To me, that makes what they do more valuable.  You may find more value in the off-the-radar action, and that is fine, but it is my opinion that things like what Mike and Cassidy have done are more motivating to potential movers.

Hope that helps explain my comment!

FTL_Ian

Further explanation from a different perspective:  Another aspect that Mike has that most activists do not is that he is an instigator whereas most activists are joiners.  (You can also be an instigator and a joiner, depending on your role in each activism.)  We need more instigators.  I think the instigators are in their own ballpark as well. 

This is not a critique of the joiners, but merely an observation.  If everyone were instigating, no one would be joining.  So, joiners are needed too and perhaps they will someday be inspired to instigate their own activity.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: bigmike on September 03, 2009, 01:31 PM NHFT
You want something to quote me from? I can put something together pretty quick if that's what you're looking for.

Is the Kira Report a news piece done by Kat's daughter? I haven't seen it before. If it's online can you post a link for me to check out?
sure
yes ... with help from all of the people taking pictures in NH

Kira Report
http://newhampshirefreepress.com/taxonomy/term/31

Russell Kanning

AntonLee

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on September 03, 2009, 02:27 PM NHFT
I wouldn't put my media work in Mike's ballpark, no.

Activism like what Mike (and other civil disobedients) have done has an element of risk that is not present in other behind-the-scenes activism or in media production.

Civil disobedients do have their own ballpark.  They are willing to risk more than the average activist.  To me, that makes what they do more valuable.  You may find more value in the off-the-radar action, and that is fine, but it is my opinion that things like what Mike and Cassidy have done are more motivating to potential movers.

Hope that helps explain my comment!
I question the value of attracting more 'kids' to move to Keene just to stand around and watch a small percentage of each other get arrested and tried.

Kat Kanning

I question the value of sitting around in the backwoods smoking pot.

Lloyd Danforth

Kat.  What happened to my Picnic Tables?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 04, 2009, 06:37 AM NHFT
you mean the 2 we worked on together?
i have sold them and replaced only 1 so far
were you needing to use them this week?

Lloyd Danforth

No.  I meant the two that I made with perhaps a little help with one of them, with my fasteners, out of lumber I pulled from a pile you were gong to burn.
I made them for the Burning Porcupine Festival grounds and you had no business selling them.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 04, 2009, 06:27 AM NHFT
I question the value of sitting around in the backwoods smoking pot.
Not that I admit to this or, otherwise recognize this as completely accurate, but if it were, I could be 'protest'in' standing and Pot laws

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 04, 2009, 06:56 AM NHFT
you had no business selling them.

Dang it they needed to be signed... Tables by Lllloyd

Kat Kanning

Why the fuck are you asking me?  I had nothing to do with your picnic tables.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 04, 2009, 08:50 AM NHFT

Why the fuck are you asking me? 
Because I left them in your front yard.  As I had been meaning to ask one of you what happened to them, thought that your ad hominen attack on me for my commenting on Ian complaints about political types in Manchester, was a good time.  I knew that the  decision to dispose of the tables was Russel's.