• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fall 2009 Free Keene Fest

Started by Mike Barskey, August 24, 2009, 09:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I need the signs from your mantle and any LSF applications that you may have.

dalebert

It's 7:15 am and I'm about to head to Central Sq to submit my 420 punkin.

http://freekeene.com/2009/10/16/420-jack-o-lanterns/

Mike Barskey

FYI: I modified the original post in this thread to contain more details about the FKF.

Kat Kanning

A bunch of us are coming down for this, even Russell is coming!  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Lloyd Danforth

With 80 percent chance of rain(snow?) and a high of 40 degrees, I'm going to pass on this and try to avoid rolling my cold into pneumonia.

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 18, 2009, 05:33 AM NHFT
A bunch of us are coming down for this, even Russell is coming!  :D

Wow, you're up early. I guess that's farm life for ya.

I'll be just a smidge late due to the Quaker Meeting. The important part ends at 11 and then I can walk to the festival in like 5 minutes.

I'll have postcards of comics that I can autograph, a few t-shirts, and coffee brownies.

Mike Barskey

Thank you to all who came out and participated in or volunteered at or just enjoyed the Free Keene Fest today! You are incredible people!

Despite the cold and rain, more and more activists continued arriving and setting up tables and tents. Despite one band canceling, 2 others performed. And even in the rain, we had locals walking through buying food and T-shirts and asking questions about the recent imprisonments and other liberty subjects.

The picnic was canceled, but a bunch of us protested outside the jail after the festival; thanks, Liberty Bus, for transporting people between Keene and Westmoreland! And for bringing porcs out from Manchester, despite not making a profit!

I'm so pleased to know all of you, to be "working" with you to spread liberty (though I'd hardly call it working because it's so fun!).

Thank you!

And next year the Fall FKF will be earlier so we can expect warmer weather. :)

thinkliberty

Most fun I have had in the cold and rain ever.

Kat Kanning

Wow, thanks to Ryan and Kelly who brought in $100 for the Liberty Scholarship Fund with all the great food they were selling!  :D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 18, 2009, 08:37 PM NHFT
Wow, thanks to Ryan and Kelly who brought in $100 for the Liberty Scholarship Fund with all the great food they were selling!  :D

Great tamales and stuff!

We had fun...

Jim Johnson

I had a great time.  ;D

The weather didn't bother me... although my candy ass melted a little.

Mike Barskey

Early on, I was disappointed, thinking the rain would ruin the event/day. But thanks to all my friends, the day was successful and very fun.

Pat K