• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Concord 1/26 protest against seatbelt law

Started by Dave Ridley, January 21, 2005, 12:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

1/26 WED 12PM I'll be "sign waving" against the proposed seatbelt law.   An hour later the House meets.  I don't know what's on their agenda that day, but they'll be there so I'll be there.

I plan to make a sign and stand at the following location where one can be seen by half the reps as they go in.
To find me and join the fun:

Head to Louden and Main, right in front of the bank....

Map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=Z76Xp.p_0To5YKxER5cVNAeWnk4-&csz=concord+nh&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Most of the legislators will drive by me in the left hand turn lane on Louden.     Unfortunately since they are turning not all of them will see but this still seems to be the best spot and one gets seen by thousands of others besides the reps.    Protesting at the capitol itself a block south can be effective too but I'm no expert on that and I think you need a permit.   I think you can get that in the legislature building.

Sign will probably say

FIGHT THE
SEATBELT
LAW
NHunderground.com

See you there...or not!

Russell Kanning

You could even keep track of how many people drive by without seatbelts on. :)

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 21, 2005, 11:19 AM NHFT
You could even keep track of how many people drive by without seatbelts on. :)

I'll be there with you!

JP

Russell Kanning

If we wanted to be a little more edgy...we could set up a seatbelt checkpoint at the entrances to the parking structures near the capital. ;D Give the polititians a little feel for our potential future experiences.

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 21, 2005, 11:47 AM NHFT
If we wanted to be a little more edgy...we could set up a seatbelt checkpoint at the entrances to the parking structures near the capital. ;D Give the polititians a little feel for our potential future experiences.

That sounds like a fun idea!

JP

Dave Ridley

I'll post more ideas for sign slogans shortly... They're on the other computer.

Kill the Seatbelt Bill
NH33.com

Russell Kanning

We could use a "Kill the Bill" sign.....you could use that one about every day. ;) Just add another sign with a bill#

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on January 23, 2005, 07:01 AM NHFT
We could use a "Kill the Bill" sign.....you could use that one about every day. ;) Just add another sign with a bill#

Just making and useing such a sign and making it obvious that the bill number can be changed sort of, makes its own statement.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

http://www.fosters.com/January2005/01.23.05/news/do_01.23.05a.asp

"Having worked as a police officer in New Hampshire for a quarter century and now as the New Hampton police chief, Sawyer understands the "Live free or die" mentality. But when it comes to passing laws that will help make all people, state residents and visitors safer, Sawyer believes the motto doesn?t really apply.

"Sometimes you need a little Big Brother," Sawyer said."

John

Russell Kanning

So how many different kinds of "safety belts" is just enough Big Brother...I wonder ::)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on January 23, 2005, 08:12 AM NHFT
Hey!? Big Brother,
Stay Out Of My Car
Isn't that one of the reasons to carry a gun? ....to keep intruders out of our vehicles

Dave Ridley

Here are some options for Seatbelt signs:

KILL THE
SEATBELT
BILL
NH33.COM

NO GOVT
BACKSEAT
DRIVER

MY
SEATBELT
MY CHOICE