• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

And people say the lyrics today are crude

Started by slim, August 26, 2009, 11:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

This is a song from Lucile Bogan recorded in 1935. I would not be surprised if 2 live crew was inspired by her songs

Jim Johnson

I don't think this is anywhere near as crude as most rap music.  She didn't say fuck 500 times in a row just to get a rise out of listeners.

I do think that it's proof that people in 1935 weren't any different then people are today... maybe a little more talented.

Pat K

You mean Fucking wasn't invented in the 60'S !  :o

Lloyd Danforth

What??? I specifically remember that Sex and Swearing was invented by my older friend Buzzy about 1959!

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 27, 2009, 06:06 AM NHFT
What??? I specifically remember that Sex and Swearing was invented by my older friend Buzzy about 1959!

Just because he had hairy palms you didn't have to idolize him y'know!

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 27, 2009, 06:06 AM NHFT
;D 8)

Ah, 1959...it was a good year!!!

KBCraig

And yet youtube yanked Ian's qik footage of Cassidy's arrest, because, despite his care to not show anything "frontal", there are a couple of fast flashes of bare nipple.