• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

RV Space?

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, August 28, 2009, 02:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

I'll finally be moving to New Hampshire during the weekend of September 13th with my wife (a Porcupine) and two kitties.

Back in March, we purchased an older motorhome, 34 feet long for the purpose of gradually restoring, living in and traveling the state since Porcmanors aren't well suited to married couples with pets. As life typically does, we were tossed curveballs and the plans started falling through, mainly with my wife losing her job and then being told to leave the property we were on before we'd managed to do much work to the motorhome.

We've gotten it barely livable but for electric, we're dependent (currently) on an external power source in the form of an extension cord. The water system is not yet functional so we are required to use the bathroom and shower at places with these facilities. I will be continuing my work for my current company online, so internet access is also important to crucial for me.

We're currently in a campground in DC while we cut ties and work here with the notice I've given to my company. Transitioning to a campground in NH would be possible, but income for us will be reduced off the bat and we'd MUCH rather be in the vacinity of fellow Porcs.

What we need is space to park our motorhome and two passenger vehicles, and the ability to run an extension cord to the motorhome. If you have showers and bathroom access, this would be stellar, but we realize that unless you are running a Porcmanor, this would likely be a huge intrustion into your home, so we put it on the "nice to have" and not "need" list. In exchange, we will offer our labor services, money in the form of FRNs, or some combination of both. Additionally, since we'll be using your electricity (and internet, if applicable) we'll gladly contribute or split the cost of these services as we understand electric fluctuates and can be hard to account for sometimes.

We'd prefer to do this in longer-term blocks. I've had people offer their lots for a night or two, which I am incredibly grateful for, but moving frequently is expensive and blocks of several weeks to months is more what we're looking for.

I'm open to ANY reasonable offers, in ANY location in the state. Obviously, I have preferences and hope to be able to pick from the competition, but in this first leg of our journey, we're focusing on doing what we need to rather than what we'd prefer.

Thanks a million to everyone!

Toadstool

You has a pm.

I think its time for me to be active.

Russell Kanning

that could happen here