• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dalebert , I have a question for you about rats

Started by Raineyrocks, August 29, 2009, 07:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

One of our rats is going in for surgery this morning, she has a cancerous tumor.   I hope she'll pull through fine.  :fingerscrossed:

We were too late taking one of our other rats to the vet and her cancerous tumor was too big to be operated on so we're just watching her to make sure she is not in any pain.  My aunt told me when rats are in pain they grind their teeth together and make a wierd sound, does anybody know anything about other ways to tell  when a rat is in pain?
We don't want to just have her "put down", (gosh, I hate that saying, why am I writing it, I don't know), because she still eats and plays it's just getting harder for her to move around because her tumor is growing pretty big.  :-\

When I've been writing posts the ending of my sentences have been disappearing off the screen but they appear on the post.  I wonder what's happening.  :dontknow:

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

I just got horrible news that our rat made it through the surgery but died of shock right after.  I'm going to log off because I'm crying pretty hard right now.  It's just doesn't seem fair and I feel like she would've been better off just staying home.  Her lump wasn't that big and at least she would've lived longer.  Gosh, we even saved her from getting fed to snakes now this, she's just gone because we tried to do the right thing.  I swear if another rat gets a tumor we're keeping them home with us.  Gotta go for awhile and cry.