• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Be in a Horror Movie!

Started by dalebert, September 02, 2009, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

We've had a cancellation, so if you have the time, there is space for one more in my car to Michigan this Friday morning. You would be working on a horror movie being produced by the folks over at Think Twice News. You'd need to get time off for almost two weeks for the trip. Other than that, just bring a sleeping bag and bring enough cash to pay for 1/4 of the gas. My car gets about 25 to 30 mpg I think and the trip is about 950 miles each way. I'm guesstimating $56 each for gas for the whole trip based on 25 mpg and 2000 miles total at $2.80/gal. It's $2.59 in the Keene area right now. Hopefully it will actually be less. This is based on not leaving the U.S. because my passport is expired and I hear they will not let people back over the imaginary U.S. border. >:( If we could cut through Canada, we save about 130 miles. *sigh*

Details here.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on September 02, 2009, 10:38 AM NHFT
We've had a cancellation, so if you have the time, there is space for one more in my car to Michigan this Friday morning. You would be working on a horror movie being produced by the folks over at Think Twice News. You'd need to get time off for almost two weeks for the trip. Other than that, just bring a sleeping bag and bring enough cash to pay for 1/4 of the gas. My car gets about 25 to 30 mpg I think and the trip is about 950 miles each way. I'm guesstimating $56 each for gas for the whole trip based on 25 mpg and 2000 miles total at $2.80/gal. It's $2.59 in the Keene area right now. Hopefully it will actually be less. This is based on not leaving the U.S. because my passport is expired and I hear they will not let people back over the imaginary U.S. border. >:( If we could cut through Canada, we save about 130 miles. *sigh*

Details here.

This sounds like so much fun!  Darn it, I wish I could go!  I can let out one hell of a blood curdling scream, just put a frog or daddy long leg on the movie site! :P

dalebert

You know, it just occurred to me that with my tiny little trunk, I should probably not even try to find a fourth person. We'll probably use the space that's left for luggage.

Tom Sawyer

Good luck with the independent production... :)

KBCraig

dalebert

I'm really looking forward to arriving but I'm dreading the trip. Neither of my colleagues accompanying me drives so it's all me. This is going to be a long trip. *sigh*

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dalebert on September 03, 2009, 09:46 AM NHFT
I'm really looking forward to arriving but I'm dreading the trip. Neither of my colleagues accompanying me drives so it's all me. This is going to be a long trip. *sigh*

But if you are doing most of the driving then you are likely paying less of he costs.  Good for you.

dalebert

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on September 03, 2009, 10:16 AM NHFT
But if you are doing most of the driving then you are likely paying less of he costs.  Good for you.

Ideally, that would be the case, but I suspect I will end up subsidizing this trip somewhat.  :-\ I'm reluctant to request compensation for the 2000 miles on my car for fear of scaring off participants. Then I'd just end up paying more anyway.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: dalebert on September 02, 2009, 06:28 PM NHFT
You know, it just occurred to me that with my tiny little trunk, I should probably not even try to find a fourth person. We'll probably use the space that's left for luggage.

Well, I wondered where you were going to fit those eight cases of Diet Moxie I'm bringing . . . !