• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Exercise and outreach - Let's have some fun with military recruits & ROTC

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, September 10, 2009, 10:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Recumbent ReCycler

Today I was in Dover, and a bunch of people ran through town in a formation with a Marine Corps guidon in front and singing some lame cadences.  They were running kind of slow, weren't in uniform and were not far from a recruiting station, so I think they were new recruits who haven't headed to basic training yet.  After they ran away, I got some ideas.
When I was in the Army I used to write my own cadences and different units would often mock each other with cadences while running
I was thinking that it would be fun to find out when some local military recruits or ROTC units are going to do their 'fun' runs and have our own fun run or ride at the same time. I prefer cycling over running, and think it would be more amusing for cyclists to ride in formation and sing cadences.
As a group, we could pull up behind or alongside the formation and sing some creative cadences to them.

Here are some that came to me today.

Instead of killin you should choose love-in,
cause if you join the Marines, you'll let the terrorists win.

If you join the Marines, ain't nobody gonna miss ya.
Choose love not hate, join the bicycle militia.

We don't fight and we don't kill,
but we can roll up almost any hill.

Osama Bin Laden and the Mujahadeen,
had the same employer as the US Marines.

AntonLee

KBCraig

Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on September 10, 2009, 10:13 PM NHFT
Today I was in Dover, and a bunch of people ran through town in a formation with a Marine Corps guidon in front and singing some lame cadences.  They were running kind of slow, weren't in uniform and were not far from a recruiting station, so I think they were new recruits who haven't headed to basic training yet.

Exactly. Those are recruits in the delayed entry program. We used to see them every evening in our local park when we went for soccer practice. As an Army veteran, I had to laugh at the idea of the "ooh-rah!" Marine recruiters sinking to the lowest levels of lameness shown on those PT runs.