• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Park Curfew Civil Disobedience 9-15-09

Started by bigmike, September 14, 2009, 04:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmike

So last night the Manchester police harassed some Free Staters in a park downtown that led to the arrest of two of them.

At breakfast this morning after FIJA outreach we discussed leaving from Murphy's tomorrow evening around 11pm to head over to Veterans Park on Elm Street to congregate.

While I can't speak for others, I will not be identifying myself and will refuse to leave if approached by the police. I also am not planning to call the police ahead of time to let them know anyone will be there during the prohibited times so that they won't disregard the activism like when Ridley set up something similar before.

Renniks and I got to see how things work at the district court in Manchester today and I think it's time the Manchester bureaucrats get reminded again of what it's like to encounter peaceful non-cooperation.

So if you happen to be going to Taproom Tuesdays tomorrow you'll have an opportunity tomorrow night to participate, if you're up for a little excitement.

Hope to see you there.

djbridgeland

Cool, we did this last year a couple of times right after I moved last fall, but it fell off shortly afterwords. I would like to join you, but I'll be working down in the millyard at that time.  Maybe I'll go take a walk through Arms park during my break.  I do believe that the only penalty is a $50 fine, however of course if you don't pay it, then the guns of government might come out. 

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: djbridgeland on September 14, 2009, 06:02 PM NHFT
Cool, we did this last year a couple of times right after I moved last fall, but it fell off shortly afterwords. I would like to join you, but I'll be working down in the millyard at that time.  Maybe I'll go take a walk through Arms park during my break.  I do believe that the only penalty is a $50 fine, however of course if you don't pay it, then the guns of government might come out.

If you don't tell your name and you don't have a record, they may hold you until they get your name.  So no, what Mike is doing isn't a $50 fine.  It is potentially life in jail, and I cannot figure out why someone would want to do it.  Good luck and be safe, though.

bigmike

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on September 14, 2009, 09:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: djbridgeland on September 14, 2009, 06:02 PM NHFT

If you don't tell your name and you don't have a record, they may hold you until they get your name.  So no, what Mike is doing isn't a $50 fine.  It is potentially life in jail, and I cannot figure out why someone would want to do it.  Good luck and be safe, though.

Thanks DJ. I'll try to meet up with you sometime and go for the walk with you.

Fluff, I would refuse to pay the fine anyway. With my priors they would be able to ascertain my identity but after all the interactions I had with bureaucrats yesterday and being threatened to be removed from the courtroom in handcuffs "just to make a point", being an inconvenience to the state is my response. Of course, they can simply choose to ignore me and whoever else shows up.

Thank you, though, for your concern regarding my safety.

FTL_Ian

Giggan

Is there more info up anywhere on the arrests mentioned above? I don't see any other threads on it.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Giggan on September 15, 2009, 11:45 PM NHFT
Is there more info up anywhere on the arrests mentioned above? I don't see any other threads on it.

Most info are Big Mike's cryptic posts here:
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1585.0

Russell Kanning

keep up the good work ... the system doesn't want to deal with someone who is not afraid of jail time