• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bette Davis gave me cancer

Started by Friday, September 14, 2009, 06:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Some actress on some TV show I've never watched has cancer.  Again.  Here are her thoughts on the subject:

"The first thing everyone says is, 'Did you smoke?' Yeah, I smoked," said Joosten. "I smoked because Betty Davis said it was very glamorous. I smoked because it was seen everywhere and done everywhere. I got addicted because the tobacco companies add additives to their tobacco to make it more addictive. I'm damned mad at all of them. But that stigma has to go away."

So let's see if I've got this straight...

Bette Davis made her smoke.
Everybody else was doing it, so why couldn't she?!
The tobacco companies made her addicted because of the tasty fillers they put in their products. (Question: how many cigs did she smoke voluntarily before she crossed the point of no return and it became the tobacco company's fault?)
She's mad at them!
There's a "stigma" attached to smokers who subsequently get lung cancer.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah   :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Pat K

Well if she wants to feel better
39 percent of people who get lung cancer
never smoked.

Jared

what a disgusting attitude of no personal responsibility

Jim Johnson

If you were around her while she smoked your in line for a lot of money too.   :P

jerryswife

Quote from: Pat K on September 14, 2009, 07:14 PM NHFT
Well if she wants to feel better
39 percent of people who get lung cancer
never smoked.

Yes, but they were probably around smokers and it is all that d**n second-hand smoke.  Nothing else could possibly cause cancer, don'cha know.

dalebert

"Butcha ARE, Blanche! Ya ARE in that wheelchair!"

Pat K

Friday

Now she wants money, too.

Quote"Lung cancer kills more people than breast cancer in this country, and it doesn't get anywhere near the funding. I want to be the Ryan White of lung cancer. This is so unfair."  Joosten, a heavy smoker for more than 40 years...

:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Pat McCotter

Ryan White Act renewal backed at House hearing
Lawmakers scramble to complete bill before looming Sept. 30 expiration

By LOU CHIBBARO JR.
Sep. 11, 2009

Democratic and Republican members of the influential House Subcommittee on Health promised this week to work out the details for reauthorizing the Ryan White federal HIV/AIDS treatment and care act before the multi-billion dollar program expires Sept. 30.