• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Custom Title Not Working

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, September 20, 2009, 09:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

I can SEE my custom title "Future Porc Gypsy" but I don't have any options to edit it like I did on the older versions.

I Googled it, and apparently on 2.0 it's an admin set option to allow users to change their own.

I'd simply like the "future" removed from it, if you can't/won't set it so I can edit it myself.

Thanks!

Kat Kanning

You should be able to edit it now.

K. Darien Freeheart

Hrm... I'm still not seeing an option to do that. Can either someone point me in the right direction or confirm that it's not there?

Kat Kanning

If you go to Profile, Modify Profile -> Forum Profile, are you able to change it?  I thought I'd fixed the permissions.

K. Darien Freeheart

I don't have a "Forum Profile" option to edit.

Moebius Tripp

The tool bar at the bottom of the banner: choose "profile"

It should respond with your profile info.  At the top left (above your avatar picture) do a mouse rollover on "modify profile" and a pull-down menu should allow you to choose "forum profile".

Otherwise, sumthin' rilly fishy is goin' on for you.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteOtherwise, sumthin' rilly fishy is goin' on for you.

Yep.

I have that drop down menu. There are 5 options, none is "Forum Profile".

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Moebius Tripp on September 26, 2009, 09:46 PM NHFT
The tool bar at the bottom of the banner: choose "profile"

It should respond with your profile info.  At the top left (above your avatar picture) do a mouse rollover on "modify profile" and a pull-down menu should allow you to choose "forum profile".

Otherwise, sumthin' rilly fishy is goin' on for you.
that is what mine looks like too

Moebius Tripp

I see seven options, the second of which is "forum profile".

It's a gremlin, and doesn't like you much.

Kat Kanning

Is it fixed now, Kevin?  Somehow the group "conspirator" was really messed up :/

K. Darien Freeheart

No, it is not fixed. I'm (once again) getting "Your messages need to be approved by a moderator" now. :(

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

K. Darien Freeheart

I'm not getting moderator-needed messages, so I assume I can post now. But I'm still not able to edit my own forum profile fields. :(

Don't worry over-much Kat. I see you, or someone, has fixed my title for me and that's all I need. I figure it's still a bug in either the RC version or the permissions here, either way I'm not severely affected by it right now. If you stumble upon a solution, cool. If the next update fixes it, great. If not, I'm still a happy... resident of Grafton. :P

I'm sure it's stressful. I do the admin crap for another site. I do appreciate your attention to it!

Kat Kanning