• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 at 4:20 in Manchester

Started by bigmike, September 25, 2009, 11:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Nothing "everyday" about it, but it is held every day.

bigmike

Quote from: AntonLee on September 29, 2009, 04:34 AM NHFT
some nameless person wrote this on facebook:

"Stay in Keene and keep doing your daily 4:20 protests. We don't want you here in Manchester."

I think that's a challenge to you Big Mike and the Manchester activists.

There's a reason why that was said. Nobody called me out directly but I plan to be open and listen to the reasons. It's only for this event, not all activism in Manch. I'm going to try to speak with Denis today and hear him out. He doesn't yet know my endgame to all this.

bigmike

Biker Bill's video of yesterday's events. Thanks Bill.

feature=player_embedded

Jared

What better way to bring about freeedom then to just act free?

FTL_Ian

Andy is one of the biggest well-poisoning whiners.  Cry me a river!  I thought you ran away from NH, Andy - are you back for more?  Hasn't the well been poisoned enough for you?  Just wait until people start getting arrested for open container and there is more topless disobedience!

Typical whiner quote:

"Waaah!  Why can't all you disobedients just go away?  You're ruining everything!  Without you we'd be having political success!  I blame all my failures on you!"

mackler

mackler

Quote from: andy_d on September 29, 2009, 02:56 PM NHFT
For Ian, "anarchy and activism = $$$$$$"

Well, they do call it anarcho-capitalism.

cathleeninnh

I don't really see how it hurts inside the system activism. I imagine most of those turned off by it are just as opposed to legislation ending the drug war.

Cathleen

MengerFan

jerryswife

One more reason to advocate for the end of unconstitutional prohibition:

Marijuana Boosts Brain Cell Growth
Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood
ScienceDaily (Oct. 14, 2005) — Most drugs of abuse decrease the generation of new neurons in the brain, but the effects of marijuana on this process, called neurogenesis, had not been clear.
In a paper appearing online on October 13 in advance of print publication of the November issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation, Xia Zhang and colleagues from University of Saskatchewan show that a potent and synthetic cannabinoid promotes neurogenesis. This drug also exerts anti-anxiety and antidepressant-like effects.

The researchers suggest that there is a positive correlation between increased adult neurogenesis and modified behavior following chronic cannabinoid treatment. These data expand the existing knowledge about the positive roles cannabinoids and their receptors play in brain processing and medicine. Moreover, cannabinoids are perhaps the only illicit drug that can enhance adult neurogenesis and subsequently modify behavior.

Reference: Cannabinoid promotes embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produces anxiolytic- and antidepression-like effects. J. Clin. Invest. 115: 3104-3116 (2005). doi:10.1172/JCI25509.

Friday

Quote from: cathleeninnh on September 29, 2009, 03:25 PM NHFT
I don't really see how it hurts inside the system activism. I imagine most of those turned off by it are just as opposed to legislation ending the drug war.

Cathleen
This is just a guess on my part, but based on what Denis posted on FB, I suspect that some in-the-system activists have spoken with one or more politicians and found that all the work Rocketman has done to try to get medical marijuana legalized in NH, which is coming to a head at the end of October, may be in jeopardy because of this particular out-of-the-system activism.  Again, this is a just a guess on my part, and not a commentary on the rightness or rationality of some politicians making a link between the 4:20 events and HB648.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: andy_d on September 29, 2009, 02:11 PM NHFT
Protests like this only further to discredit the FSP and the participants who use the electoral and legislative processes to achieve more liberty in our lifetime.

There isn't a protest in Keene.  We do have daily freedom rallies, though.  The people are about as pro-freedom as at the 9-12 Teaparty in DC where several amazing FSP participants handed out around 9,000 flyers.

I don't know about Manchester, but the national story which is coming out of Keene has nothing to do with the FSP.  90%+ of those involved were never part of the FSP.  Maybe it's an FSP thing in Manchester, I don't know.  But if you said something like that about the Keene events, you would be trying to bring the FSP into it.  BTW, the FSP never does activism, anyway. 

Anyway, it isn't about the FSP.  The majority of those, and the vast majority of those in Keene, that are involved with the NH freedom movement have nothing to do with the FSP.

AntonLee

thanks for your explanation and no need to get your phone number. . .you're still a nameless random person on Facebook.  I don't care what political games you'd like to play, the bottom line is that the law is wrong and I condone breaking bad laws if you so choose. 

I'm sorry if Matt Simon thinks this will ruin all the hard work he's done.  I've heard his points and disagreed with him.  The most important thing is for people to be free and be damned what people write on paper.  I feel that trying to legislate your way out of slavery is akin to spending your way out of debt.

I've not heard one civil disobedience activist say that the political types were not welcome.  I've heard plenty of it the other way around, especially when I considered myself a 'politico'

frankly, it is whining and unnecessary.  I'll remember to pm you so that you don't have to post more crap I shouldn't waste time reading.  It reminds me of one particular Seabrook activist who has put the word out that Civil Disobedients are unwelcome in that podunk town.

thinkliberty

Way to go BigMike! you ruined the liberty movement by acting like you are free.

Go back to acting like you are a slave or we will never be free. You need to beg on your knees and pay money to the government to be free.

sandm000

I went out to the "event", today.
2 signs and 2 dozen people, 0 people smoking pot = a mini-legalization rally. I don't see how this could hurt anyone or anything.