• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 at 4:20 in Manchester

Started by bigmike, September 25, 2009, 11:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

No one toked in Manch? 

:o

Maybe you just weren't around at the right time?

thinkliberty

24 people is pretty good showing for day number 2.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: andy_d on September 29, 2009, 02:56 PM NHFT
I was gone for 3 weeks, Ian... and glad to see you too!

I see you and your army of high-school aged followers have been causing quite a stir in Keene. Has it helped your radio ratings?

For Ian, "anarchy and activism = $$$$$$"

Yes, I profit from my activism.  Are you suggesting it's wrong to profit from activism?  By the way, I reinvest my profits into the show and this movement, so it's not like I'm sitting on some treasure trove of cash.

Also, most of those "followers" don't know me from Adam, so try again.

dalebert

Quote from: Friday on September 29, 2009, 04:20 PM NHFT
This is just a guess on my part, but based on what Denis posted on FB, I suspect that some in-the-system activists have spoken with one or more politicians and found that all the work Rocketman has done to try to get medical marijuana legalized in NH, which is coming to a head at the end of October, may be in jeopardy because of this particular out-of-the-system activism.

I would expect to hear things like that whether it's true or not. Intimidation is the first and primary tactic of the State to affect compliance. When that's gone, they may resort to a really overt show of force, but that's very dangerous for their appearance of legitimacy. They risk greater marginalization if they have to resort to that. It might regain control briefly, but it hurts them greatly in the long run.

Regarding the fear of being loud and in your face, review the incredibly successful gay rights movement. Case closed.

The politicos are control freaks. When are they going to learn they can't control what all the other activists are doing, political or otherwise? If their tactics are really dependent on that degree of control, then they're doomed to failure and should just quit now. I think I've actually toned down my activism in many ways, for my own reasons, but with every new incident of scapegoating by the politicos, I just want to get louder.

thinkliberty

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on September 29, 2009, 08:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: andy_d on September 29, 2009, 02:56 PM NHFT
I was gone for 3 weeks, Ian... and glad to see you too!

I see you and your army of high-school aged followers have been causing quite a stir in Keene. Has it helped your radio ratings?

For Ian, "anarchy and activism = $$$$$$"

Yes, I profit from my activism.  Are you suggesting it's wrong to profit from activism?  By the way, I reinvest my profits into the show and this movement, so it's not like I'm sitting on some treasure trove of cash.

Also, most of those "followers" don't know me from Adam, so try again.

At least Ian does not force people to pay for his activism or face prison (Try not paying taxes and staying out of prison) like those who work for the state.

People must consider his services to be valuable, if they are willing pay him without coercion.

bigmike

Yes it was a smaller turnout today than yesterday, but the fliers are starting to go out and I expect the numbers to grow significantly by the weekend. There was plenty of smoking today, but not by me as I've smoked a lot of pot over the past few days. I held a joint when the police rode by on bikes and will likely spend the rest of my participation openly possessing and not smoking.

I don't think anyone feels I'm going to ruin the liberty movement, at least I didn't get that impression from Denis. We had a good conversation, are both looking forward to meeting each other and realize that there's a long road ahead of us. I'm going to do my thing, he's going to do his thing and at times we may work together for a common cause. This just won't be one of them.

The 420 events in Manchester will continue. If it ruins the chance for the veto override of the medical marijuana bill, I know who will be responsible and it won't be me.

Hell hath no fury like a free stater trying to wreck a mayoral campaign ;)

firecracker joe

good job big mike the hell with medical pot," just legalize it"  and stand your ground you are doing a very brave thing for a very good cause. hope to make it to manchvegas soon to meet you.  firecracker Joe

AntonLee

your activism Big Mike has more of an effect on people than this political crap.  You can't spend your way out of debt, you can't legislate your way to freedom.

Kat Kanning

Ian helps me pay for the newspaper.  I'm glad he profits from his activism.  :D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: andy_d on September 29, 2009, 02:11 PM NHFT
AntonLee wrote:

some nameless person wrote this on facebook:

"Stay in Keene and keep doing your daily 4:20 protests. We don't want you here in Manchester."

I wrote that. I've been in NH for almost 5 years. I'm an activist in Manchester....
Protests like this only further to discredit the FSP and the participants who use the electoral and legislative processes to achieve more liberty in our lifetime....

People in Manchester are trying to move liberty forward. That's why I said we don't want you here. You wrote that I was "scared of freedom". Nothing could be further from the truth. I just won't let things like a marijuana protest stand in the way of achieving liberty.
thanks ... i needed a good laugh to start out my morning
i understand what they are trying to accomplish .... the cops and city council in keene seem to
if you want to help them get the laws changed or abolished that would be helpful, if you don't then why not get out of their way ... I don't actually think they are hurting your cause.
Next time you run for office you can let the media know you don't support the 420 crowd.

Russell "I don't run for office myself, but I do support your right to engage in harmless recreational behavior" Kanning

Russell Kanning

if you step up the activism .... politicians will come to you and want to negotiate

the keeniacs will treat you nicely if you are nice, but if you cross them, they will unlease the out loud and proud Dale .... now that is someone you don't want to get mad at you ... he will draw really bad cartoons of you

appease Ian quickly before he lets Dale out of his cage

dalebert

The FSP doesn't do activism, andy_d. The pot protests aren't by the FSP and the political activism is by groups like NHLA. They're different people taking different paths. It's the libertarian way. Freedom to choose for ourselves. Not complicated unless you make it that way.

bigmike

Quote from: jose on September 29, 2009, 10:32 PM NHFT
good job big mike the hell with medical pot," just legalize it"  and stand your ground you are doing a very brave thing for a very good cause. hope to make it to manchvegas soon to meet you.  firecracker Joe

Thanks Joe. Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Quote from: AntonLee on September 30, 2009, 02:47 AM NHFT
your activism Big Mike has more of an effect on people than this political crap.  You can't spend your way out of debt, you can't legislate your way to freedom.

I agree, although I wouldn't call it political crap. The NHLA and NHCommonSense activists have worked really hard and I appreciate their efforts.

This vote to override the veto hangs in the balance of one man who is not voting to override because of the merits of the bill itself, but because of partisan politics. He's afraid his constituents won't like his vote, and the growth of the 420 events in Manchester could hurt his opportunity to win his current election chances if he doesn't get on his bully pulpit and declare swift action against this type of activism to appease his base.

Nothing like actually having the courage to stand up to your constituents and try to change their minds. What this guy will do is an act of cowardice, not leadership. He doesn't want marijuana to be legal for medicinal purposes. He wants to be a partisan hack. He is more afraid of losing his position of power than doing the right thing. That is not what makes a good leader.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is what I had hoped to change by moving to New Hampshire. This guy is no friend of liberty and I didn't come here to try to appease or beg bureaucrats. That's been tried and failed.

Should the attention of the Manchester 420 events cause this guy to withdraw his support for the veto override I will be taking time off from my activism and focus on disrupting his campaign efforts.

Will it have an affect on the election outcome? Probably not. But at least I didn't abandon my principals. If he actually wins it will only make me focus on making any future activism I do become more "in your face" during his term as mayor.

AntonLee

fyi, when I say "crap" I mean "stuff" 

some people say it's a massachusetts thing. . .I say it's a me thing.

KBCraig