• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 at 4:20 in Manchester

Started by bigmike, September 25, 2009, 11:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

myself calling medical marijuana a scam was not the right word for the usage I was going for.  I'm the last person that would doubt the medical benefits of cannabis.  That's why I believe people should just do what feels good.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: AntonLee on October 01, 2009, 07:36 PM NHFT
myself calling medical marijuana a scam was not the right word for the usage I was going for.  I'm the last person that would doubt the medical benefits of cannabis.  That's why I believe people should just do what feels good.

I understood you to mean that making the distinction between MM and MJ legalization was a scam.

bigmike

I received a message on Facebook that a reporter from NHPR will be there today. More locals are beginning to show and openly light up.

Also I received some good info about doing a Right to Know request to access the contact information of anyone arrested on drug possession charges so that I can begin contacting them in an effort to have them put the state through the expense of having a trial.

I'm headed to MPD shortly. See you at 4:20.

Lance

Quote from: bigmike on October 01, 2009, 12:09 PM NHFT
They're listed in the Manchester Express that comes out every week. It lists the name and address, where the arrest occurred and the charge. The problem is most of the addresses listed are apartments and the unit isn't listed.

If anybody knows of a better way to find the arrests please let me know. I'll start a separate thread with more details.

One could probably get the info directly from the police department in question, but I suspect that they would expect to be paid for providing the data.  I know that a few lawyers in Kansas City bought the arrest records from the KCPD for purposes of soliciting clients.

Did you start a separate thread?  I'm interested in this project.

bigmike

Quote from: Lance on October 03, 2009, 07:11 AM NHFT
They're listed in the Manchester Express that comes out every week. It lists the name and address, where the arrest occurred and the charge. The problem is most of the addresses listed are apartments and the unit isn't listed.

If anybody knows of a better way to find the arrests please let me know. I'll start a separate thread with more details.

One could probably get the info directly from the police department in question, but I suspect that they would expect to be paid for providing the data.  I know that a few lawyers in Kansas City bought the arrest records from the KCPD for purposes of soliciting clients.

I haven't started a separate thread yet but I did just like you suggested.

Yesterday I went to the cop shop and spoke with a woman in the records department. She was very friendly and helpful, got me what I needed without charging me and said I wouldn't even need to fill out a 91:A request form under the Right to Know laws.

The two problems I'm running into are getting telephone numbers from the arrest reports (she wasn't sure if that was something I could have access to and I have to go back Monday for an answer) and the headache of trying to change the plea itself.

I was reading through the West Digest yesterday that cites abbreviations from NH cases and it seems the relevant case law doesn't support my original theory. You don't have a right to change your plea but it can be done and I'm looking for a solid legal argument in case the motion is denied so there are grounds for appeal.

Lance are you a lawyer?

Lance

Quote from: bigmike on October 03, 2009, 09:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lance on October 03, 2009, 07:11 AM NHFT

I haven't started a separate thread yet but I did just like you suggested.

Yesterday I went to the cop shop and spoke with a woman in the records department. She was very friendly and helpful, got me what I needed without charging me and said I wouldn't even need to fill out a 91:A request form under the Right to Know laws.

The two problems I'm running into are getting telephone numbers from the arrest reports (she wasn't sure if that was something I could have access to and I have to go back Monday for an answer) and the headache of trying to change the plea itself.

I was reading through the West Digest yesterday that cites abbreviations from NH cases and it seems the relevant case law doesn't support my original theory. You don't have a right to change your plea but it can be done and I'm looking for a solid legal argument in case the motion is denied so there are grounds for appeal.

Lance are you a lawyer?

Yes I'm a lawyer but currently I only hold permission slips from the monopolies in Missouri and Kansas.  I should have my NH license by springtime but I'm already here so I want to do what I can.

That is great news that the PD isn't charging for that info.  I don't know why the telephone number would be off limits, but I think they'll wind up giving you that info also.

I'm not quite sure I understand your original theory.  I thought that it was simply to contact people while their cases are pending to persuade them to plead not guilty.  I'll look for your new thread and help however I can.

AntonLee

from the rainy day yesterday in Manchester.  A good crowd for the rain and some honks from even some walking folks!

there were others in the back smoking as well.  A cop car in the top picture was blocking the street not far away because of the Circus getting out of the Verizon Center.

Russell Kanning

thanks for the photos, now we have a decent Kira Report for those that are not crazy about watching videos :)

AntonLee

Keyser Soce

Quote from: andy_d link=topic=19210.msg309372#msg309372
I just won't let things like a marijuana protest stand in the way of achieving liberty.

How does one spell irony?

bigmike

A quick update:

The 420 event in Manchester has now received press coverage from NHPR, the Union Leader, the Manchester Express (which will be out next week unless the guy was actually a fed), and next week a staff writer from the New Hampshire, the UNH newspaper is coming out for the story.

More locals are arriving daily and we're seeing new faces all the time. The overall mood on the street from passers-by has been overwhelmingly supportive ranging from young people to older civilian types, even a few bureaucrats.

AntonLee

funny, I've heard more about 420 protests than I had about any bills in Concord.  I didn't have any statist friends coming up to me and asking if the Free Staters had anything to with NH Compassion or NH Common Sense.  They sure do know about the 420 protests, and they support them because, well, even statists smoke weed and want to do so in public at their own discretion.

but who wants press coverage anyway?  We should just hide out and pretend we're not free staters.  Pander to the lowest common denominator, that'll continue to work  ::)

ny2nh

I know plenty of what you would call statists who smoke pot and would like to see medical marijuana and a decrim bill pass. However, I don't think I know a single one who supports the right to smoke pot in public.

And, yes, you are getting press coverage.....and I get asked probably every day what those potheads really hope to accomplish by smoking pot in the park. Curious, when Cassidy starts to show her pregnancy, do you think a picture of her pregnant and getting high will get good or bad press coverage?

Russell Kanning

have fun guys ... post pictures please :)

AntonLee

Quote from: ny2nh on October 08, 2009, 05:57 PM NHFT
I know plenty of what you would call statists who smoke pot and would like to see medical marijuana and a decrim bill pass. However, I don't think I know a single one who supports the right to smoke pot in public.

And, yes, you are getting press coverage.....and I get asked probably every day what those potheads really hope to accomplish by smoking pot in the park. Curious, when Cassidy starts to show her pregnancy, do you think a picture of her pregnant and getting high will get good or bad press coverage?

just goes to show the assholes you hang around with then.  You don't have to like public smoking of pot, you just don't have to support violence against those who are doing so peacefully.  It's okay, I know it's a very hard thing to wrap your mind around, you know, this whole liberty thing.