• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 at 4:20 in Manchester

Started by bigmike, September 25, 2009, 11:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ny2nh

Quote from: AntonLee on October 08, 2009, 06:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on October 08, 2009, 05:57 PM NHFT
I know plenty of what you would call statists who smoke pot and would like to see medical marijuana and a decrim bill pass. However, I don't think I know a single one who supports the right to smoke pot in public.

And, yes, you are getting press coverage.....and I get asked probably every day what those potheads really hope to accomplish by smoking pot in the park. Curious, when Cassidy starts to show her pregnancy, do you think a picture of her pregnant and getting high will get good or bad press coverage?

just goes to show the assholes you hang around with then.  You don't have to like public smoking of pot, you just don't have to support violence against those who are doing so peacefully.  It's okay, I know it's a very hard thing to wrap your mind around, you know, this whole liberty thing.

Never said they were people I hang around with....I know a lot of people and people know that I know a lot of freestaters....so topics like this come up. And what violence did I mention?

And, no, the whole liberty thing is not to hard wrap my head around....we just don't see eye to eye on how to get there.....

Ogre

Perhaps this shows the massive disconnect:

QuoteI get asked probably every day what those potheads really hope to accomplish by smoking pot in the park.

Maybe they're not trying to accomplish anything. Maybe they're just trying to be free. That's the answer I'd give to anyone who asked me.

bigmike

Quote from: Ogre on October 08, 2009, 07:35 PM NHFT
Perhaps this shows the massive disconnect:

QuoteI get asked probably every day what those potheads really hope to accomplish by smoking pot in the park.

Maybe they're not trying to accomplish anything. Maybe they're just trying to be free. That's the answer I'd give to anyone who asked me.

But there are some things that are being accomplished here.

First is the best point. The police know we're out there and do nothing. We've at least accomplished that. If they can't or won't come get people in the park it only demonstrates that marijuana possession as a crime is handled by selective enforcement. If they can choose to ignore peaceful people in the park, why can't they choose to ignore somebody three blocks away two hours after they leave? At some point there will be evidence of this that can be used against them.

Second, if a bunch of people were fighting in the park they would put a stop to it immediately. If pot was as bad as the terrocrats have led us to believe they would have shut this down on the first day. The police obviously know the truth. Peaceful people can smoke pot and the sky won't come crashing down because of it. I can't help that they don't tell the truth to citizens that complain about drugs, but they're doing the right thing until this reaches critical mass.

At that point, third, when they show up I take the megaphone. I never intended to lead any movement but now I've got something to say. In no uncertain terms they will hear me call them out as cowards for harassing peaceful people. The only reason they'll show up now is over politics. We've been there going on two weeks with no complaints. Good for MPD for doing the right thing and quoting a statement in the Union Leader that helps them save face. Dude denied what was happening there even though he knew otherwise. I'd say that's a victory.

Fourth, and finally...I don't often speak of the endgame here. Let me be clear: I encourage anyone that gets arrested to plead not guilty to the charges and force the state to go through the expense of having a trial. Everyone I speak to about this understands the risk of telling a judge he refuses to pay any fine. These aren't Free Staters. These words come from locals.

ny2nh

How long have you lived in Manchester? It's not often that I hear about cops harassing people for smoking pot....especially if they are adults and are doing so in a place as to not affect others around them.

Maybe you live in a different Manchester.

JJ

Quote from: ny2nh on October 08, 2009, 05:57 PM NHFT
Curious, when Cassidy starts to show her pregnancy, do you think a picture of her pregnant and getting high will get good or bad press coverage?

That's just like you whether here or on the FTL BBS always talking shit about other women.  You're one hateful person.

thinkliberty

Quote from: ny2nh on October 08, 2009, 07:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on October 08, 2009, 06:15 PM NHFT
You don't have to like public smoking of pot, you just don't have to support violence against those who are doing so peacefully.  It's okay, I know it's a very hard thing to wrap your mind around, you know, this whole liberty thing.
And, no, the whole liberty thing is not to hard wrap my head around....we just don't see eye to eye on how to get there.....

So you:

1. Support the state using violence against peaceful people, until you get where ever there is? (You support using violence against peaceful people, if they are braking a "law"?)

Or

2. You don't support violence against peaceful people, even if they are braking a "law"?

If you believe in #1 there will always be fear-mongering sociopaths that will seek to use the government to control people. You'll never ever get "there."

AntonLee

violence is the easy way to liberty, everyone knows that /sarcasm  ::)

yeah, there were so many fuckin children hanging out in the park last saturday /sarcasm

the parents that walked by us, going to their cars after the Circus let out, seemed to approve of us being there smoking pot.

We were smoking pot.  I can prove it.  Maybe the Manchester Police have snotnoses and can't smell the weed.  That's a damn shame, maybe they should just take a hit instead.

theCannabisChef

Today at 420 PM in Derry New Hampshire @ MacGregor Park (behind the Derry Public Library) Over 40 heads expected. Rain or shine, hope to see you there :)

FTL_Ian

Please post video so I can repost it to Free Keene.   ;D

bigmike

Quote from: ny2nh on October 08, 2009, 08:29 PM NHFT
How long have you lived in Manchester? It's not often that I hear about cops harassing people for smoking pot....especially if they are adults and are doing so in a place as to not affect others around them.

Maybe you live in a different Manchester.

I've been following the arrest log of MPD that gets posted in the Manchester Express every week. There are typically 15-20 arrests each week for possession charges, more than half are for pot/hashish.

thinkliberty

We had a good turn out in Manchester, NH today.

Hopefully AntonLee will post some pics.

AntonLee

you ask, I deliver:
http://antonlee.redbubble.com/sets/79592/works

feel free to repost.  Any credit given to Anton Lee or http://antonlee.redbubble.com is much appreciated and requested.

bigmike

Great pics Anton. Thanks for making the trip ;D

Kat Kanning