• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

1986 25' Shasta 250CB travel trailer

Started by Nat F, October 02, 2009, 09:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Nat F

I'll deliver this (within 120 miles or so) for anyone who buys my trailer after seeing it here on the Porcupine Trading Post.

http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/1402695156.html

-Nat

K. Darien Freeheart

Is it physically located in Merrimack, NH? White, Grey and Black all working okay?

AntonLee

Russell Kanning

Nat F

Quote from: Kevin Dean on October 02, 2009, 04:45 PM NHFT
Is it physically located in Merrimack, NH? White, Grey and Black all working okay?

It is located in Merrimack right now.  White water works fine, grey water tank held the used white water and seemed fine.  Black water has not been used in two years but was working fine.  We haven't used the toilet or shower in that time just because the campground we've been going to has a nice bathroom facility and I haven't wanted to deal with emptying the tank.

It needs to have the roof re"painted" with the rubberized paint.  It was last done about ten years ago.  It doesn't appear to leak, there were no leaks during a torrential downpour while we slept in it in August, but it should be repainted.

The floor is a little soft in back near the rear bed, but it's been the same since we bought it in '02 and hasn't gotten any worse.  Long term it should be fixed.

The last problem is the trailer lights.  The original lights stopped working during our trip.  It's more than just burnt out bulbs so I mounted a set of temporary lights and wired them together with the trailer brakes.  Those all work but it would be better to fix the internal run lights.

-Nat

Mike Barskey

$600 delivered? I'll take it. Seriously. When and where can we transact?

Nat F

Are you sure you want to buy it sight unseen?  It would be very easy to take a look at it anytime during the week, for example before a visit to Taproom Tuesday.  However if you really want it that bad I can deliver it as early as Sunday, or sometime next weekend.  I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

-Nat

K. Darien Freeheart

Barskey, you bastard!

I've got the Liquid Rubber he's referring to, if you wanna buy it. It'll be a lot cheaper than having a company put it on for ya.

Kat Kanning

Barskey the Bastard
Kevin of Dean
Cardinal de Canning

What do these three have in common?  :P

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 04, 2009, 08:49 AM NHFT
Barskey the Bastard
Kevin of Dean
Cardinal de Canning

What do these three have in common?  :P

They're all super-studs.

Quote from: Nat F on October 03, 2009, 06:03 PM NHFT
Are you sure you want to buy it sight unseen?  It would be very easy to take a look at it anytime during the week, for example before a visit to Taproom Tuesday.

Sure, I'll take a look at it. The one thing in your description that worried me was the "soft floor." Where is it/are you now?

Quote from: Kevin Dean on October 03, 2009, 09:25 PM NHFT
I've got the Liquid Rubber he's referring to, if you wanna buy it. It'll be a lot cheaper than having a company put it on for ya.

If you don't want it (I read your tweet that your motorhome is officially a money pit - are you giving up on it?), I'll buy it off you if I buy this trailer and it needs it.  Thanks.

Nat F

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 04, 2009, 09:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: Nat F on October 03, 2009, 06:03 PM NHFT
Are you sure you want to buy it sight unseen?  It would be very easy to take a look at it anytime during the week, for example before a visit to Taproom Tuesday.
Sure, I'll take a look at it. The one thing in your description that worried me was the "soft floor." Where is it/are you now?

Soft floor means that at some point water got in there.  The floors are made of plywood so when water gets in there the plywood starts to delaminate.  That makes that part of the floor "spongy" to walk on.  I'm a big guy and I can walk on it no problem so there is still good structural strength.  However it is something to be legitimately concerned about.  I believe the trailer has quite a few good years left, but how many depends on how well it is taken care of from here on out.

Check your PMs, I sent you my contact info yesterday.  The trailer is in Merrimack now if you'd like to take a look at it.  Just call and give me a little notice so I can be sure to be here and give you directions.

-Nat

Nat F

Kat Kanning

AntonLee

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteBarskey the Bastard
Kevin of Dean
Cardinal de Canning

What do these three have in common?

Fjord?