• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A must read

Started by Pat K, October 04, 2009, 05:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

This is a must read, weather you gonna play politics
or street . Peacefully of course.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/05/11/090511fa_fact_gladwell?currentPage=all

"And let's remember why Goliath made that rule: when the world has to play on Goliath's terms, Goliath wins."

KBCraig

Excellent. Long, but worth the read.

The most successful the University of Arkansas men's basketball teams were like those described in the article: not the best, not the biggest, but the most relentless. The official strategy was "Forty minutes of hell", and it worked.

Ogre

Most excellent. And really makes you think about how to win at the political game.

jerryswife

Stunning article.  so simple yet so profound.  I am a writer and have noted over and over that it is not the best writer who gets published, but the one who is relentless in sending out manuscript after manuscript.  Margaret Mitchell collected 42 rejections before she found a publisher for "Gone With The Wind."  Similarly, Stephen King and J.K. Rowlings garnered many rejection slips before finally being published.

I will reread this often when my motivation starts waning.

In a political vein, I think activities like the 420 demonstrations in Keene and various other "small" acts of civil disobedience may have the desired effect of wearing down Goliath.  Let's hope so.

K. Darien Freeheart

Friday

Good article; made me dig my NCL II League Champions trophy out of a moving box.   8)

But what I really wanna know is, what the hell is PatK doing reading the NEW YORKER?  Are ya drinking yer beer with yer pinkie in the air now???

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on October 04, 2009, 08:55 PM NHFT
But what I really wanna know is, what the hell is PatK doing reading the NEW YORKER?  Are ya drinking yer beer with yer pinkie in the air now???

He LOLs at the cartoons.

dalebert

Quote from: Friday on October 04, 2009, 08:55 PM NHFTAre ya drinking yer beer with yer pinkie in the air now???

I've finally rubbed off a little on Pat.

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on October 05, 2009, 01:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on October 04, 2009, 08:55 PM NHFTAre ya drinking yer beer with yer pinkie in the air now???

;D

KBCraig

Is this the circle jerk thread?

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on October 05, 2009, 02:57 PM NHFT

Is this the circle jerk thread?

It better not be. I have a circle jerk bill that me and Dale
submitted to the legislature and we don't want you
to ruin it . ::)

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on October 05, 2009, 03:03 PM NHFT
It better not be. I have a circle jerk bill that me and Dale
submitted to the legislature and we don't want you
to ruin it . ::)

ROFLMFAO!!

Ogre

Ditto, Dalebert, Ditto. I don't often laugh out loud when I'm reading at the computer, but that one did it for me!