• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Little Appleseed

Started by jerry, October 12, 2009, 07:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

agraftonite

Hey folks. Haven't been able to make it onto the forum in awhile. Something with our service provider at home won't let us in. And if you haven't picked up on it yet, i'm not at home!

I've chickened out on the shoots because it's too cold outside with the snow and an INFANT.

Instructing I am interested in. But only for three seasons. (school teachers get a season off, is there any reason I shouldn't be allowed one myself?)

Give us a call at the house this weekend tony and leave a number we can call you back at. Bardzo geinky.

Kat Kanning

Is the shoot happening every Sunday?

Firewall99

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 29, 2009, 07:14 AM NHFT
Is the shoot happening every Sunday?
Yes, both Tony and I are out there come what may every Sunday at 11 AM unless there is an official Appleseed shoot scheduled elsewhere in the state that weekend.

(The next official shoot is Enfield, NH, on Feb 27-28.)

Unless you are extremely well-equipped for cold, the conditions can be daunting.  Not recommended for the faint of heart or those just beginning.

However, these shoots are just the ticket for getting your rifle tricked out as a Liberty Training Rifle (LTR).  We have LTR's available as loaners, so you can see the various ways to go, and Tony can install LTR parts on your rifle.

tony

Sunday shooting 2/7/10 canceled due to broken car

KBCraig

Several NH Appleseed shoots have been posted to the forum at northeastshooters.com. One of them is at Dalton, courtesy of the Dalton Gang. If anyone is on the PF'10 committee, the Dalton Gang sounds like a good contact for range day.

Kat Kanning

I remember the Dalton gang from the Chronicle video!

Firewall99

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 07, 2010, 07:56 AM NHFT
I remember the Dalton gang from the Chronicle video!

Kat, do you know where I can find that video these days?

And, yes, the Dalton Gang gets it.  They even donate the range to Appleseed, so our shooters have no range fee to pay.

Firewall99

The Appleseed Mini at Jerry's is resuming this Sunday, Sept. 19th, 2010, at 11 AM.  Bring lunch and water--lots of water.  You'd be surprised how dehydrated one can get on a dry fall day.

We'll be on the line the next Sunday, Sept. 26th, too.  Then the Weekend of Oct 2, I'll be up at the Columbia shoot in Maine.  Check with Tony if he'll be there that Sunday.

As far as regular Appleseeds, we plan to have shoots somewhere in the state all winter this year, so check your cold weather gear and get ready for some "Freeze & Squeeze."

K. Darien Freeheart

Anybody interested in doing more with a long-gun than making people shriek should go to this!

Some of the best folks in Grafton (and all of new Hampshire!) gather there to discuss firearms, politics and not pissing off your neighbors. Some of those good neighbors have had their limits tested and are still great folks!

Firewall99

We are on for Oct. 3rd.  Bonny Lass is back from the shop, and pursuit of the elusive 250 continues...

But all of that takes second place if YOU show up. 

The last shoot NH on the schedule shoot is Nov. 20-21 in Pelham.  If you haven't solved all your rifle fitting issues yet, now is a good time to finish the job.

Today is opening day for pheasant, which they release across the street from Jerry's.  Guess where they fly next?

If you do bring a shotgun, please do not fire it at our target backers.  We had to put new ones up because a certain someone just had to see if his shotgun was firing out the front.

jerry

After the October 3rd shoot we are having a birthday party party for Artie starting at 4PM.

tony

Mini Appleseed is for practicing marksmanship and cultivate American tradition.Tomorrow however, bring your shotguns along your with rifles. We will do some clay shooting (before or after mini) to test some of the other stuff - just for fun.