• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Leaf Season

Started by geoff, October 15, 2009, 02:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

My wife and I came up with a last minute plan to bring the child and dog to NH and stay in Merrimack next weekend to try and catch some fall foliage viewing.  I am wondering if the season will be over by then or how far along it might be.  We'll be in Merrimack Friday and Saturday night the 23rd/24th going home Sunday.  I also wanted to know if anyone could direct me to some good places to go in terms of leaves, hiking (if not to cold), restaraunts (although we will have a dog), etc.  We're basically outdoor fun people, so I just hope it's not to cold.  If so, we'd be happy to have indoor suggestions as well.  Thanks!

AntonLee

I'm hardly an expert, but you should still be able to see great foliage in NH, I'd say maybe in the south of the state where it seems to be taking longer to change. 

There are some more knowledgeable people on this subject, I've lived here all my life but up until this year it hasn't seemed to matter so much.

try this:  http://yankeefoliage.com

geoff

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.  I found the post where you put that link earlier after I posted this and checked it out, it says it will still be good.