• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shorty Dawkins Jamboree, Roger's campground June 19th-24th

Started by Kat Kanning, October 04, 2005, 07:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on October 05, 2005, 11:42 AM NHFTThe way I heard it, that happened when miniskirts were in fashion. Shorty decided he liked the view from under the table.? ;D

methinks this reveals more about kb than it does shorty :)

Friday

Let me see if I've got this straight: you guys are planning a weeklong campout at Roger's Campground with the intention of competing with PorcFest, and you're encouraging people on both this and the FSP forum to attend your event?  I'm trying hard not to jump to conclusions here.  Hard. Please fill me in on any relevant info that might help explain such a plan.

KBCraig

Quote from: Friday on October 12, 2005, 11:35 AM NHFT
Let me see if I've got this straight: you guys are planning a weeklong campout at Roger's Campground with the intention of competing with PorcFest, and you're encouraging people on both this and the FSP forum to attend your event?  I'm trying hard not to jump to conclusions here.  Hard. Please fill me in on any relevant info that might help explain such a plan.

I don't think there's any intent to compete. It's an intent to enjoy what has been done before, and it's being scheduled because people have to make plans. Right now, I know where and when the "Roger's 2006" event will be, but there's still no word on PorcFest '06.

Two months from now, I'll have to schedule all my vacation time for all of 2006, and I'll only be able to schedule two weeks from the end of May to the middle of August. Plenty of advance notice is important for those hoping to attend!

Kevin

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: KBCraig on October 12, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT
Two months from now, I'll have to schedule all my vacation time for all of 2006, and I'll only be able to schedule two weeks from the end of May to the middle of August. Plenty of advance notice is important for those hoping to attend!

Kevin

That's a good point.  I have to put in my 3 weeks by the end of December.  Thankfully, my boss rarely follows the rules and lets me off anytime that he can find someone to cover me.

Friday

I don't think there's any intent to compete. It's an intent to enjoy what has been done before, and it's being scheduled because people have to make plans. Right now, I know where and when the "Roger's 2006" event will be, but there's still no word on PorcFest '06.

Kevin

I think you've just proven the intent to compete! You said it yourself: you'll only be able to schedule two weeks off from work. That's how much most people get. That's how much I get. Very, very few people are going to be willing to take one week off for "Roger's 2006" and another for PorcFest '06.  They will be forced to choose one or the other. 

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Friday on October 12, 2005, 05:53 PM NHFT

Kevin

I think you've just proven the intent to compete! You said it yourself: you'll only be able to schedule two weeks off from work. That's how much most people get. That's how much I get. Very, very few people are going to be willing to take one week off for "Roger's 2006" and another for PorcFest '06.? They will be forced to choose one or the other.?

I hope having two different times allows more people to come to these camping fests in NH.  Maybe some people will not be able to go to the PorcFest 2006 but will be able to go to Rogers 2006.  I'd guess that the vast majority of people will pick PorcFest 2006 if they are able to make it.

Michael Fisher

If we're going to have a smaller campout outside of PorcFest and near the same date, let's have it at a campsite within an hour drive of just about anyone, if possible.  Roger's campground was mainly chosen for its size from what I've been told by organizers.  We don't need a campground that big.

davemincin

Wow...Let's fight with each other? ::)  Yea right...someone here has all the answers? ::)

If you want to put a NH event together go for it, but don't rain on the annual FSP event!

Hello so weak??? ???  You got all the anwers> ::)  Then why are we not free? :P

Man Russell, luv you dude, hey Kat..luv ya too...but hello don't believe you have all the answers,
and think it a mistake to play I know it all? ???

Know Kate also and know she is a quality lady and doing the best she can...Thinking you should be
spending your time fighting the bad guys and not someone who shares so many of the values
you do.

Hello...Like set on your ego crap! :P

Elvis

I have to agree with Dave and Friday.  It's a shitty way to treat a fellow volunteer and activist.  I think we can expect that the dates will be finalized within 2 months.  So why not see how it pans out first?

KBCraig

I support the PorcFest. I trust that Kate is working hard, but so far she's not letting us know what's going on. Even an update of "We're working on this date/this place, or that date/that place, but we don't have it firmed up yet" would be nice.

I don't believe an alternative fest is designed to compete. It won't be the size or scope. It won't be about meetings and speakers.

I don't know if we'll be at either, but I like the idea of people being able to get together for whatever reason. The FSP isn't lockstep. The people already in NH would probably feel more love for the PorcFest if the FSP leadership didn't backpeddle, run away, and disavow all activism being performed by Free Staters.

Kevin

Friday

Quote from: KBCraig on October 12, 2005, 09:10 PM NHFT
The people already in NH would probably feel more love for the PorcFest if the FSP leadership didn't backpeddle, run away, and disavow all activism being performed by Free Staters.

I am a Free Stater who moved to New Hampshire (from California) five months ago.

Lloyd Danforth

Interestingly, Varrin announced the details for the 2005 Porcfest on October 14th last year.

John

KBCraig

Kat Kanning