• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shorty Dawkins Jamboree, Roger's campground June 19th-24th

Started by Kat Kanning, October 04, 2005, 07:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

TackleTheWorld

LOL

Great pix Kevin and Mary!

I never laughed out loud at a still life before.

Pat K

John

Quote from: For freedom on June 25, 2006, 12:24 AM NHFT
Next year, in Jeru- New Hampshire! . . .

Funny you say that.  A while back, I started saying "Next year in New Hampshire" to folks who have not moved YET . . .

John

Quote from: russellkanning on June 27, 2006, 08:40 PM NHFT
Tall Tale Telling went well ..... especially for our first time.

We will have to have another Shorty Jamboree next year. Maybe it could bookend porcfest next year. :)

The true believers ...... are still at the campground. 8)

Last 4 (that I know of) porcs left Roger's today.  (Sad that it eventualy has to end) . . .
BTW, We had some very nice weather this weekend!    8) :o ;D :D ;) :) ;D :o 8) ::)

John

We also had a very interesting gust of wind ( J&A's site) which you may hear about later.  All are well.

CNHT

Quote from: John on July 03, 2006, 09:27 PM NHFT
We also had a very interesting gust of wind ( J&A's site) which you may hear about later.  All are well.

Ah that's called a 'dirt devil' and it's caused by the cooler, dryer air rolling in! Like a white tornado.

John

Dryer: for sure.   ;D

With only one VERY, VERY minor injury (just a bruise as it turns out) we were quite fortunate.
I don't call it "lucky" - because it was with reason (and good reaction time) that we avoided further harm.  This was a quite powerful gust.
As it was being taken down, 1/2 of J&A's canopy took wind, flew, . . . and crashed into their truck.

No one called FEMA.  And yet we were still there.   ;)
We (all 4) stayed another day and had more fun.

Russell Kanning

Should we have a shorty dawkins leaf peeper event this fall?

NC2NH

Quote from: russellkanning on July 07, 2006, 05:49 PM NHFT
Should we have a shorty dawkins leaf peeper event this fall?

I imagine tall tales around an autumn campfire would be even better than a summer one. :)