• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shorty Dawkins Jamboree, Roger's campground June 19th-24th

Started by Kat Kanning, October 04, 2005, 07:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on October 12, 2005, 06:41 PM NHFT
If we're going to have a smaller campout outside of PorcFest and near the same date, let's have it at a campsite within an hour drive of just about anyone, if possible.
I don't know how big this will get and I want to allow people to make reservations now or show up that week. Rogers takes care of both situations. I don't know when or where porcfest2006 is going to be held, so it might not be any where near the same time or location or even type of event.
I do know that Rogers in June works fine and we will have fun. If you can join us that would be great. If kbcraig can make it .... he will be a fun addition to any from the NH gang. 8)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on October 12, 2005, 11:35 AM NHFTPlease fill me in on any relevant info that might help explain such a plan.
I guess we are competing with or complimenting porcfest2006. It depends on how you look at it. I am not sure where or when porcfest will be held, so I thought setting a place and date right now for a fun campout would be helpful for those that like to camp and who need to make plans. If porcfest2006 is held later in the summer, then this event will give people more options. If porcfest ends up not at a campground, then this event can offer that. If they decide to hold porcfest2006 at rogers at that same time, then we were just holding the door for them. 8)
I am sure porcfest will have more events and big name speakers and such, so we are not competing for talent or anything. But we can offer fun around the campfire and sightseeing for those that want that and need to start making plans. Hopefully it just won't rain all week.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: sung on October 12, 2005, 08:46 PM NHFT
I'd much rather come to this party. How much beer/liquor/red meat should I bring?
Lets see ... Rocketman set the mark for beer at about 1 truckload. He made his own, but you can buy in town at the grocery store. :)
The standard for red meat was set by Ward Griffith last year ...... I don't even know how much he threw in all those pots of chili. 8)
Anyone can come .... just set out a gadsen flag or something for people to connect. We can also post site #s as people make reservations.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: davemincin on October 12, 2005, 07:00 PM NHFTIf you want to put a NH event together go for it, but don't rain on the annual FSP event!
Thank you for your support. We have contemplated having a campout here in NH for undergrounders, so since the fsp had not decided on porcfest, I thought why not offer something at Rogers.
I also wanted to invite people from the fsp forums in case they need to make plans for next summer.

We only have 1 event planned so far:
Friday night around the campfire for Shorty Dawkins tall tale tellin'

Any other ideas?

Pat McCotter

Just remember that Roger's in June is cold at night.

Pat K

I am lucky ,I get alot of vacation time so I will attend both events. ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K at two events?  The beer people will have to double their production!

Friday

Quote from: russellkanning on October 13, 2005, 08:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on October 12, 2005, 11:35 AM NHFTPlease fill me in on any relevant info that might help explain such a plan.
I guess we are competing with or complimenting porcfest2006. It depends on how you look at it. I am not sure where or when porcfest will be held, so I thought setting a place and date right now for a fun campout would be helpful for those that like to camp and who need to make plans. If porcfest2006 is held later in the summer, then this event will give people more options. If porcfest ends up not at a campground, then this event can offer that. If they decide to hold porcfest2006 at rogers at that same time, then we were just holding the door for them. 8)
I am sure porcfest will have more events and big name speakers and such, so we are not competing for talent or anything. But we can offer fun around the campfire and sightseeing for those that want that and need to start making plans. Hopefully it just won't rain all week.

Quote from: katdillon on October 13, 2005, 07:25 AM NHFT
Since when is competition bad?

As you wish, Kat and Russell.

Russell Kanning

I wonder if we can make up some Keene flood tall tales Shorty style

KBCraig

Just to bring the thread back to life...

I already had to submit my first two week choice for annual leave for 2006. I chose June 18 - July 1. After the first round of choices, there won't be any more open slots between June 1 and August 15, so this is the only summertime vacation I'll get.

We just looked at a nice used camper trailer; if the price and financing work out, we'll be spending a week in NH during that time. Whether it's the official Porcfest, or the Roger's Freester party, we'll be there! (Mary only gets 40 hours of vacation, but she can schedule her days off to allow 11 days in a row.) We'll need 2-1/2 days driving time on each end, so we're looking at 4-6 days in the Free State, soaking up all that Liberty!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We will also be visiting other parts of the state, notably the Berlin area (handy from Roger's), and along the MA border between Rindge and Nashua; those are our two options for a transfer with my job. We'll also visit a friend's brother in Bath, and of course we have to make the trip up the Auto Road to see Mt. Washington (weather permitting).

Time permitting, I'd like to hop across the river to Norwich, VT, and possibly to Northfield (the new site of Norwich University). My fraternity (Theta Chi) was founded at Norwich, I'd like to visit the monument to the Old South Barracks. I'll miss our 150th anniversary celebration at Norwich U., but given my druthers, I'd ruther be at the Porc/Freedom fest(s).

Synchronize your watches... countdown commences... now!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lordy, I can't wait!

Russell Kanning

One of the good things about Rogers is that there will be open RV spots even if you just show up for this week. So you will always have a place to stay if other campgrounds fill up.
We could also visit one of them near us and tell you how they are for when you are visiting areas South of us.

Lloyd Danforth

Kevin, If you go to Roger's, you will probably go right past Mt. Washington.  It is an easy day trip from Roger's also.

KBCraig

Oh, I know. By this time, I've spent enough time with a map of the north country to know it pretty well.  :)

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on November 06, 2005, 11:13 AM NHFT
Oh, I know. By this time, I've spent enough time with a map of the north country to know it pretty well.? :)
Nice.
I have a map of NH right above my computer.... I am learning all of the towns.

Lloyd Danforth