• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Halloween in Winchester @ Sandy's Birthday Party

Started by Jim Johnson, October 18, 2009, 05:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat K on October 24, 2009, 12:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 23, 2009, 05:36 PM NHFT
Yes, the President would like Wizards and wizard stuff.   :)

Yeah well if I wear wizard stuff, I will just end up looking
like Friar Tuck. I think I will just come as a grumpy fat man.

By the way I will be bring Beer and soda.
I'm gonna come as a curmudgeony old man again!

dalebert

Re: The Wizard of Time and Speed

Gather round, children, for a little story. Back in the olden days, before the Internet, there was this event called The Fantasy Fair. It was the predecessor to what is now one of the biggest Fantasy/Sci-fi conventions in the country, Dragon Con. In those days, instead of visiting YouTube, we had these things called "films". There was this big round piece of metal with stuph wrapped around it and you put it in a machine that shined light through it onto a big screen. For several years running, I worked in the projection booth of the Fantasy Fair. The big event that nearly everyone attends is the costume contest on Saturday night. Inevitably, there is a delay before each show, that seems to get longer each year, as they get all the contestants ready and prep for the show. We had to keep the audience happy during that time with amusing films. Well, maybe "happy" isn't the right word. More like keep them from starting a violent riot. The Wizard of Time and Speed was a classic, to be expected each year before the contest during that time, sometimes even being shown again as an encore and possibly 2nd only to Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a Half Century. And since it doesn't take much to amuse fantasy/sci-fi geeks, there would be uproarious laughter each time the banana peel scene approached.

And let me tell you, if you've only seen Duck Dodgers on TV or YouTube, then you can't possibly fully know Duck Dodgers in the Biblical sense. You haven't had the full experience of Duck Dodgers until you've been in a massive theater filled with thousands of raging geeks all screaming at the top of their lungs in unison with the movie every time Daffy Duck shouts "DUCK DODGERS IN THE 24th AND A HALF CENTURY!!!!"

The End.

Mike Barskey

Duck Dodgers is one of my 2 favorite Daffy Duck cartoons. :)

Fluff and Stuff

I'll be there if I have a car or way to get there.

Tom Sawyer

This is going to be a fun shindig...  8)

Costume fabrication in progress here.  :D

Tom Sawyer

The dungeon is complete...
Judge Berserk can now sentence the Birthday Girl to serve and obey!
:Drunken_Pumpkin_by_IcedOver:  :worship: :hammer:  :campfire:  :occasion16:  :party-smiley-020:

Lloyd Danforth

Judge Berserk? Are the judge and Birthday Girl related?

Fluff and Stuff

Rumor has it that some G men might show up at the party.  Be prepared!

dalebert

I'm kind of desperate for a costume. What if I come as Dobby the House Elf in nothing but a sock?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dalebert on October 30, 2009, 12:22 PM NHFT
I'm kind of desperate for a costume. What if I come as Dobby the House Elf in nothing but a sock?

If you do that, I'll likely throw the sock in the bonfire.

Friday

Quote from: dalebert on October 30, 2009, 12:22 PM NHFT
It doesn't work that way.  You'd have to come wrapped in burlap, and then follow orders unless/until someone chose to bestow a sock upon you.

David

She's right, no nudity for you this year.   8) 

I'll be slavin' away workin.   :-\  Have fun. 

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on October 30, 2009, 11:47 AM NHFT
Rumor has it that some G men might show up at the party.  Be prepared!
There will be 3 or, more men from G!

John

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteRumor has it that some G men might show up at the party.  Be prepared!

QuoteThere will be 3 or, more men from G!

More. :)