• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looks like I know where I'm landing. . .

Started by AntonLee, October 21, 2009, 06:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kevin Dean on October 22, 2009, 09:16 PM NHFT
Excellent!

Let us know when you're moving in. I hear most people have to move stuff into their new place when they move. ;)
And, like myself, likes to watch them do it ;D

AntonLee

my trailer needed a new roof, heat tape underneath, a water heater (the original was still in it {1983}), and a sink.  They said they'd do the roof and water heater!

They said I could choose silver, green, or red roof.  Since the trailer is red and white I chose red. 

anyone know how hard it is to re-do heat tape under a trailer?  how about putting down "plastic" for moisture control?  I'm wondering if I should just pay someone to do it since I'm mechanical enough to make toast.

and if I do it wrong, I will be toast.  Things are looking grrrrrrrreat!

(now to find a new job)

Fluff and Stuff

This is great news man.  Tilton/Franklin is one of the areas that I first looked at when looking at NH.  I still think it is a fantastic area because taxes are low (especially Franklin), there are plenty of stores right there, there is a hospital, and both Concord and the mountains (and lakes) are right there.

AntonLee

thanks Mr. Stuph!

I had yet another friend (on welfare) who told me I was going to live in a tin-can and they wouldn't visit me.  Most of my friends are on welfare and have some sort of help paying the electric bills, rent, and food supplies.  That opens up their money supply to pay for things like weed and ipod touch's. 

and I'm going to have a place of my own eventually.  After the mortgage is paid (only a $12k mortgage after I put $10k down) I'll have something to live in besides my car that I actually (kindof) own.

I'm glad I'm moving far enough away from these 'friends' who call me names and tell me I'm a crazy anarchist.  I'm very happy that I'll be closer to more independent people.

Kat Kanning

Anton, Russell and I have done heat tape, winterizing for a mobile home before.  Just let us know if you want us to help.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AntonLee on November 03, 2009, 06:32 AM NHFT
thanks Mr. Stuph!

I had yet another friend (on welfare) who told me I was going to live in a tin-can and they wouldn't visit me.  Most of my friends are on welfare and have some sort of help paying the electric bills, rent, and food supplies.  That opens up their money supply to pay for things like weed and ipod touch's. 

and I'm going to have a place of my own eventually.  After the mortgage is paid (only a $12k mortgage after I put $10k down) I'll have something to live in besides my car that I actually (kindof) own.

I'm glad I'm moving far enough away from these 'friends' who call me names and tell me I'm a crazy anarchist.  I'm very happy that I'll be closer to more independent people.
Crazy Anarchist

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: AntonLee on November 02, 2009, 04:41 PM NHFT
my trailer needed a new roof, heat tape underneath, a water heater (the original was still in it {1983}), and a sink.  They said they'd do the roof and water heater!

They said I could choose silver, green, or red roof.  Since the trailer is red and white I chose red. 

anyone know how hard it is to re-do heat tape under a trailer?  how about putting down "plastic" for moisture control?  I'm wondering if I should just pay someone to do it since I'm mechanical enough to make toast.

and if I do it wrong, I will be toast.  Things are looking grrrrrrrreat!

(now to find a new job)
Is the skirting completely ventless?

AntonLee

Friday

Quote from: AntonLee on November 03, 2009, 06:32 AM NHFT

Cute house!

'Friends' on welfare who call you names.... yeah, you need a new circle, dude.  SYITFS!

John

Pat K

Years from now there will be a marker plaque .
This is were Anton Lee started out in the Free State. ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

AntonLee

Quote from: Pat K on November 04, 2009, 12:08 AM NHFT
Years from now there will be a marker plaque .
This is were Anton Lee started out in the Free State. ;D

they could make a statue of me like

but it would look more like:

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: AntonLee on November 03, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT
pretty sure it doesn't have any vents.
Adding venting that can be blocked when the ground is frozen in the winter should help. Also make sure the downspout from the gutters is placing the water far away from the skirting...
From the picture the crawlspace looks rather tight.