• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peace Outreach on Election Day

Started by dalebert, October 24, 2009, 08:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I'm planning to do the same outreach at the polls that I did last election. My latest blog post has the details. I've gotten no response at all to this thread over on Free Keene so it looks like I may be doing it alone. There is some possibility of arrest for this, as absurd as it may sound. Ian and his partners were harassed by police when they did it and ultimately gave in and left before getting arrested. I would love to have at least one other person with me so someone could get video if that happens.

I've also created a new design inspired by this outreach. Might be a nice shirt to wear for the event. If some people show interest, I could put in an order for a batch of them and save people on shipping.

Kat Kanning

I like it...the T shirt is cool too.  What day is election day?

Lloyd Danforth

KBCraig

Lloyd Danforth

Hell No!  I'm like in 22nd place in a bureaucracy of about 21 people!

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 27, 2009, 05:31 AM NHFT
Hell No!  I'm like in 22nd place in a bureaucracy of about 21 people!

So, you're the heavily supervised supervisor of the checklist?
;D

Russell Kanning

i like the idea ... just not enough to join you

dalebert

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 27, 2009, 06:35 AM NHFT

You could do it up in your neck of the woods. That's kind of the idea actually. I'm hoping people will do it at the gooberment polling stations near them.

bigmike

It seems there is some interest in doing this here in Manchester ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: dalebert on October 27, 2009, 08:03 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 27, 2009, 06:35 AM NHFT

You could do it up in your neck of the woods. That's kind of the idea actually. I'm hoping people will do it at the gooberment polling stations near them.
I think Jim Johnson should stand outside of the Grafton voting place trying to look as much like Russell as he can. Every few minutes his eyes could glaze over and he could say, "Sooooooo......".  If Merle doesn't take him into custody in an hour or so, he can say he gave it a try and go somewhere and eat strawberries.

dalebert

Quote from: bigmike on October 27, 2009, 08:30 AM NHFT
It seems there is some interest in doing this here in Manchester ;D

Once again, you da man, Big Mike!

dalebert

Meet at 9am in Central Square Tomorrow (Tues)

New flier version is now up along with a PDF format that may be handy. Download here.

Okay, for anyone in the Keene area, I arbitrarily picked a time of 9am to meet in Central Square. Please feel free to do your part earlier or later than that at the polling place of your choosing, or even to do it somewhere other than a polling location altogether. Big Mike in Manch is doing it along Elm St. But basically, I will bring a few hundred fliers that I printed off myself and we'll split them between the teams that show up (min 2 people per poll ideally). If you're able to print any, that could help but you don't have to. Also, I welcome anyone who wants to come over to my place and help me fold them into brochures while we watch a movie or listen to FTL or something.

If you wanted to do your outreach in the afternoon, you can either show up at 9am and get some fliers from me or you can meet me at the Community Kitchen between 1 and 4pm to pick up some leftover fliers, or you can just print your own. They are 16 cents each (since they're two-sided) at Staples. Normally they will print and fold them for you, folding 3 cents extra, but they told me tomorrow afternoon was the earliest and that was too late obviously so you may just have to copy them yourself with their machines and fold them yourself.