• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

activism idea

Started by cynthia, October 15, 2009, 12:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthia

Generally, during our Wednesday social events at La Festa in Dover, we talk about a variety of things, activism and educational outreach usually being a part of it. Ofer and I and others were talking about doing handouts at the movie theaters, when people are heading out; a great way to maximize your time as the movie-end times are posted. A new spin is this: putting some cd's of various podcasts(the school sux/complete liberty ones are fantastic) into a bag with a few pieces of hip-looking literature and throwing some candy in, handing out the bags and saying, "Happy Halloween." I personally feel that the best way to do this is to be dressed up in cute costume(sorry Ofer!) to not give the appearance of some weirdo handing out poisoned candy to the masses.

Anyone can do this.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cynthia on October 15, 2009, 12:52 PM NHFT
Generally, during our Wednesday social events at La Festa in Dover, we talk about a variety of things, activism and educational outreach usually being a part of it. Ofer and I and others were talking about doing handouts at the movie theaters, when people are heading out; a great way to maximize your time as the movie-end times are posted. A new spin is this: putting some cd's of various podcasts(the school sux/complete liberty ones are fantastic) into a bag with a few pieces of hip-looking literature and throwing some candy in, handing out the bags and saying, "Happy Halloween." I personally feel that the best way to do this is to be dressed up in cute costume(sorry Ofer!) to not give the appearance of some weirdo handing out poisoned candy to the masses.

Anyone can do this.

That's a great idea!  :)   Someone on The AJ show mentioned they were going to print out swine flu fliers and hand them out with Halloween treats.