• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Medical Marijuana override fails.

Started by AntonLee, October 28, 2009, 12:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

Marijuana Policy Project is reporting that the override to the bill to decriminalize use of marijuana for certain people but not others has failed.

MPP reports that it failed in the senate.  The numbers do not matter, a majority of the jerks said no to certain people being allowed to use a certain amount of marijuana obtained from certain locations. 

MPP reports it passed the house of "representatives" by its widest margin to date.  What that tidbit accomplishes in your mind is of course up to you.

Kat Kanning

Merged the two topics on this.

I'm wondering how much it matters since Obama the liar said to stop prosecuting these people?

bigmike

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 28, 2009, 12:52 PM NHFT
Merged the two topics on this.

I'm wondering how much it matters since Obama the liar said to stop prosecuting these people?

Thanks for merging them Kat. I noticed Anton's post after I put mine up.

Time will tell with Obama's stance. I'm not holding my breath.

KBCraig

The fed.gov almost never prosecuted individual users. This was an attempt to protect people from the state government.

Friday

Gee, I was sure KBCraig wasn't going to let this slide.    >:D

Quote from: AntonLee on October 28, 2009, 12:06 PM NHFT
MPP reports that it failed in the senate.  The numbers do not matter, a majority of the jerks said no to certain people being allowed to use a certain amount of marijuana obtained from certain locations. 

Actually, the vote was 14-10 in favor of overriding the veto. A majority of the "jerks" supported medical mj.  Unfortunately, the system requires 2/3 to override a veto.  So it failed by 2 votes.

AntonLee

as distasteful as you may or may not think it is, I do consider people who think they have an illegitimate power over others to be jerks.  As I've said many times, if someone wants to live in a communist society, by god it's their right on their property and they can associate with whomever they want.  My ideals and wishes can not be represented by anyone else since no one else could possibly share the same ideals as I do.  I'm not looking to push any agenda except for peace for my neighbors.  What one might like or not like about any given subject is their opinion and force is not a legitimate option to quell opposing thoughts and ideas.

Here we go, it's the TWO VOTES again.  No. . .it's not TWO votes. . .it's every single god damn person who voted against peace today.  EVERY.  ONE.

but you're right Friday, I was wrong, not a majority.  Just another failure of a bullshit system.  Move along, nothing to see here, nothing new, same old same old.

thinkliberty

I would be dead, if my doctor had not told me to brake the law after chemo, none of the "legal" medications worked. The side effects of the legal medications are horrible, I know because I've tried them all. Most of them make you sicker.

I am sure he would have his medical license revoked, if the state found out that he saved my life by suggesting an illegal medication.

Doctors are legally forbidden to save their patients life -- lovely politicians we have here in NH. I am lucky that my doctor broke their law.

I hope those politicians all get cancer, so they can feel the pain they cause to other people. 

Tom Sawyer

Rhode Island succeeded in over riding their Veto situation...

Is the "Live Free or Die" state last place in New England on this issue?

Lloyd Danforth

AntonLee

but THAT'S what they're afraid of most!  We can't have potheads running around like that!!

KBCraig

Quote from: AntonLee on October 28, 2009, 07:49 PM NHFT
but THAT'S what they're afraid of most!  We can't have potheads running around like that!!

Yes, because now that the veto has stood, no one will be able to get marijuana in NH! ;D

Friday

One of the two Senators who voted against medical MJ is the new mayor of Manchester.  I sure hope he's happy and proud that he climbed his way there on the backs of skinny, pain-racked dying people.   :dontknow:

AntonLee

does that mean a "no" voter is now not there to vote next time?

KBCraig

Quote from: AntonLee on November 03, 2009, 08:24 PM NHFT
does that mean a "no" voter is now not there to vote next time?

I don't think so. He's been both state senator and city alderman for many years. I don't know if he's precluded from being mayor and senator at the same time.