• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tilting at Fed Windmills in Concord

Started by Russell Kanning, November 05, 2009, 06:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

dalebert

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Mike Barskey on May 12, 2010, 07:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 12, 2010, 05:14 AM NHFT
do we have anyone that can act as guards for the kangaroo court?

I will be a guard/bailiff.

Nevermind. Not in the mood to go today. Have fun.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 12, 2010, 06:01 AM NHFT
... don't be like Bob Denver, poor guy will always be Gilligan.  ;D

I thought he would always be dead.

EthanLeeVita

Jim Johnson

I'm happy to say that we may have won again today.   :)

We where confronted by one person who identified himself as a cop.
He looked like a very hard drunk... red faced, gaunt and a barely under control demeanor.
He was parked in one of the special police parking spots in what looked like a privately owned vehicle.
He wanted to know when we needed to go back to our jobs... it did look like he wanted to give us a ride back to our jobs.   
I asked him if he thought it was alright to imprison and torture Russell.
He wanted to know what Russell was accused of. 
I asked, "Does that matter?  He has been accused."
He told Russell to step away from the car.  He didn't want to hit Russell in the ass with his mirror as he drove away.

Russell mentioned that that was a guy who is ready to kill people after being handed a crudely photocopied piece of paper with someones name on it.

Trifith

For some reason today's Dilbert made me think of this.

Russell Kanning

do we want to move the june tilting to the next week?
we could have some of us in costumes while others give out fija info at the fed courthouse

MaineShark

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 18, 2010, 07:04 AM NHFTdo we want to move the june tilting to the next week?
we could have some of us in costumes while others give out fija info at the fed courthouse

Would the presence of the protesters cause prospective jurors to give more or less credence to the FIJA brochures?  They'd probably be more likely to read them, but would they be more or less likely to believe them?

I expect it would depend upon the juror's beliefs.  That is, an anti-war juror would be more likely to believe the brochures if the protesters were protesting against the war.  An anti-income-tax juror would be more likely to believe the brochure if the protesters were protesting against the income tax.  Etc.

I'd say that sticking with the war is the best bet.  Someone who's pro-tax might still sit there and refuse to convict someone for marijuana, or some other consensual crime.  I can't imagine that a pro-war juror would be all that likely to oppose the government on anything meaningful, except maybe a gun case, which would be good, but  we don't tend to have many of those here in NH.

Joe

Russell Kanning

sorry about not changing this on the calendar yet
we will be joining the guys already headed for the fed courthouse on the 23rd

Russell Kanning

how about tilting at the feds after we tilt at the state on August 12th?

Ivy has a hearing with the state in Concord that day between 10:30 and noon

How about we show up in our funny costumes outside whatever state government building and convict the state of "practicing law without our consent"?

Then we could circle the fed compound once, filming and photographing as we go.

Then picnic somewhere.

AntonLee

Jim Johnson

The judge wants David in Nashua at 1:00, to talk about his 420 arrest, that day.

thinkliberty

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 02, 2010, 11:04 AM NHFT
The judge wants David in Nashua at 1:00, to talk about his 420 arrest, that day.

I heard from someone that the Judge will try to impress David by wearing a black dress. I wonder if the rumors are true.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jim Johnson on August 02, 2010, 11:04 AM NHFT
do you guys have a better day to tilt at the feds?
maybe us crazy graftonians would just hold court for the state officials