• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Plumbing parts

Started by MaineShark, November 06, 2009, 03:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

All parts are "best offer."  These are overstock or items I took in trade.  "zero" is a legitimate offer, but I'll obviously give preference to those who are actually offering something.

Silver, FRN's, interesting trades considered.

In-Sink-Erator WB-152, 2.5 gallon point-of-use water heater.  You mount this under a sink, pipe it up, and plug it in.  It's designed to provide hot water for a single sink.  I took it in trade a few years back, and I've never tested it.  I was told that it works by the individual I got it from, and I have no reason to believe that he misled me, but I haven't tested it, so it's sold "as is."

GE Water Heater elements and thermostats.  These are for a regular electric water heater.  220V, 4500Watt.  Two elements, and both the upper and lower thermostat.  Removed from a brand-new GE water heater that was being used for storage and didn't need the elements.  Would make a great set of spares, so you don't have to run out to the store if your water heater element or thermostat fails.  Or find a water heater with failed elements, for free, and turn it into a working unit again.

Frost-proof sillcocks (aka hose bibs, otudoor faucets, etc.).  One is 6" long, and the other is 10" long.  That refers to how far the back of the unit (where the actual valve is located) is from the outer surface of the wall.  Obviously, the further back the valve, the more freeze protection (but also the greater the chance that something will get in the way of installing it, so measure first).  Both have 1/2" threaded or sweat fittings (slide a 1/2" copper pipe inside and solder it, or use the 1/2" male threads on the outside to connect a threaded pipe).  The 6" has no vacuum breaker.  The 10" does have a vacuum breaker (when you turn the valve off, it lets air into the hose, so it can drain without you having to manually unscrew it).

Various scraps of 3/4" and 1" pex piping.  This is unused, but has been exposed to sunlight, and should not be used for applications carrying pressure.  Of course, you'll do with it whatever you want, but I've fulfilled my ethical obligation by warning you.  If anyone is interested, I'll actually go ahead and measure it.  Could also be used for wiring conduit, I suppose.

Again, make offers on any or all of it...

Joe

Russell Kanning

i just saw this thread .... do you still have the water heater?

MaineShark

Not a whole water heater - just the heating elements and thermostats.

I do still have them, though.

Joe