• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Contra dance classes

Started by John, November 07, 2009, 02:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

CONTRA DANCING
CLASSES AND
DANCES

7:30PM
Wednesdays at the
Richard Black Center

(42 Lebanon St. Hanover NH.)

$20 for 12 weeks
643-5315 ext. 3305
For more info, contact instructor Joshua Boraz
JBoraz@aol.com,

John

Found out about this at the Enfield contra dance. Turns out classes are actually free until the end of the year.

Kira and I have been to 2 classes so far ... pretty good ... fun ...

Last night a bunch of us from the class met for food at one of the student's house, then car pooled to a big dance elswere. ... Good time!

Radical_Teen

I have lots of fun there. anyone want to come we would love to have you.

KBCraig

What about the Sandanista dance classes?

Keyser Soce

John

2 of us (undergrounders) confirmed for tonight.
3 maybes.

Recumbent ReCycler

Contradancing is lots of fun.  That one is a bit too far for me and I have other plans for Wednesday nights, but there will be a contradance in Manchester this Friday night.  There is a group that is planning to carpool from Strafford County this Friday.  I hope to see some of you folks there.  I've only done it a few times, and you don't really need formal lessons because they teach each dance just before you do it.  I've figured out that I prefer a New England Style Swing which incorporates a buzz step over a Southern Swing which has a walking pace.

http://www.contradancelinks.com/manchester.html

Recumbent ReCycler

If you're trying to decide whether or not to go to the Manchester Contradance tomorrow, I'm planning to make pumpkin bran muffins to share during the break.  I'm also trying to persuade my mom to go as well, and right now it looks like she probably will.  If anyone in the Strafford County area wants to carpool, let me know.

John

Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on November 11, 2009, 11:22 AM NHFTyou don't really need formal lessons

I agree. These are not formal lessons.
We are a group (currently 8 - 12 of us) of local folk getting together to learn, practice, and have fun.

John

Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on November 12, 2009, 10:19 AM NHFT
If you're trying to decide whether or not to go to the Manchester Contradance tomorrow,

Seems unlikely (though possible) for tomorrow.
I will very likely go to one of the Manchester dances soon.

John

Kat Kanning

I heard a rumor that this week's class is to be conducted in the nude.  :o

KBCraig

I realized I had no idea what a contra dance actually was, so I googled it.

Cool.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9L0dz3qmsc

Radical_Teen

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 17, 2009, 12:13 PM NHFT
I heard a rumor that this week's class is to be conducted in the nude.  :o

MOTHER!

Kat Kanning

OK, Kira can't go to this one.