• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What do we know about this character "Stone?"

Started by John, November 09, 2009, 07:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I have been hearing that others are having questions and concerns about "Stone" and, we have learned that when no one speaks up (in these situations) it leads to a more prolonged situation with more people involved.

More than one person has said that they might start a thread on the subject of "Stone" but, since no one else has started it, I guess the role of playing the "bad guy" falls on me.

After meeting "Stone" (right after he arrived in NH) and knowing him for just a couple of days, I had seen enough to know I did not trust him.
I very quickly went from being helpfull toward him to having no interest in helping him.
I let him know that I was no longer interested in helping him and why.
He went away and that was the end of that --- until he reapeared the other day.

When he showed up here again he was asked told not to do certain things. While no one ran him off the property - he was told that he was not welcome. He decided to stay around anyway. He did stay away from the house and said that he would "make sure" he was not "the last one to leave."

After the party was over, I went out to check on conditions around the grounds. Sure enough - I found "Stone" was still hanging around.

The next day I was told that "Stone" had in fact done the things that he was explicitly told not to do. I was told that when someone confronted him about doing these things - on someone else's property after being told not to - that his rational was that being on someone else's property does not take away his "natural rights."

Sovereign Curtis

Tom Sawyer

Thanks John... I have been accused of being a gossip because I voice concerns about people.

It is important for folks to remember that our movement, that was created by significant investment and risk, is a magnet for all sorts of characters. I don't embrace every new face that appears on the scene. I have enough life experience to trust the little voice inside that says "Something isn't right with this person."

Curtis, if John had wanted to make public where he was talking about, he would have mentioned it.

I have been both concerned and disappointed by some people's lack of judgement and common sense in dealing with some of the characters that come along. Many debaters seem to think that beyond a reasonable doubt, explained to their liking is the criteria... I go by the BS detector in my head, it has been pretty accurate and saved me and mine from danger in the past.

I too have gotten a strange vibe regarding "Stone". I appreciate the heads up my friends take the time to warn me about potential treats.

shyfrog

dalebert

I have wondered if he might have a serious social disorder something like Asberger's Syndrome which is kind of like being retarded with respect to learning basic social skills. Based on what I've heard, he doesn't seem to "get it" when he's really pissing people off. I hope that's it. Otherwise he's doing it on purpose.

I was relieved to see he seems to be moving on from his Hitler stache. When asked the point of the Hitler stache, his response was "freedom", and when asked for further clarification, just shrugs. Sometimes when someone appears to be making a fashion statement, the only statement that comes to mind is "I don't know shit about fashion."

Pat K

I thought it was a Chaplain mustache . :-\

I have no problem being the bad guy ,
but I don't know MR.Stone, I just met him
in passing in Keene. But if he does not respect
other folks property rights, I really don't care to know him.

shyfrog

"There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought." ~Charles Kingsley

There seems to be an influx of people who excuse actions that infringe on someone's rights by saying it would infringe on someone else's, or their own rights, to not act or violate the first.

I've always held the belief that infringement or violation of rights requires overt action or imminent threat. I've been hearing all manner of justifications for infringing on people's rights in the name of purely selfish motives.

I am continuing to observe, test, and prepare for the ultimate response to these types of violations.

Is it in the best interest of the party being violated to just allow the violation to continue?
After making the person aware of the violation, and the person does not respond, do you then seek to physically remove the violator?

I'd like to hear more about this kind of duality and how to deal with it effectively.

BillKauffman

Quote from: dalebert on November 09, 2009, 09:53 AM NHFT
I have wondered if he might have a serious social disorder something like Asberger's Syndrome which is kind of like being retarded with respect to learning basic social skills. Based on what I've heard, he doesn't seem to "get it" when he's really pissing people off. I hope that's it.

Probably more likely a nonverbal learning disorders (NLD) is a neurological syndrome consisting of specific assets and deficits.   The assets include early speech and vocabulary development, remarkable rote memory skills, attention to detail, early reading skills development and excellent spelling skills.  In addition, these individuals have the verbal ability to express themselves eloquently.  Moreover, persons with NLD have strong auditory retention.  Four major categories of deficits and dysfunction also present themselves:

•motoric (lack of coordination, severe balance problems, and difficulties with  graphomotor skills).

•visual-spatial-organizational (lack of image, poor visual recall, faulty spatial  perceptions, difficulties with executive function* and problems with spatial relations).

•social (lack of ability to comprehend nonverbal communication, difficulties adjusting to transitions and novel situations, and deficits in social judgment and social interaction).

•sensory (sensitivity in any of the sensory modes: visual, auditory, tactile, taste or olfactory)

Kat Kanning

He showed up at my house and asked if he could sell illegal drugs here.  I assumed if I said yes, I would then be involved in his illegal act.  I didn't really care to be a part of it, so I told him not to sell these things here, and told him I didn't even want him here.  He didn't leave, and went on to sell these things here when I wasn't around.  As far as I'm concerned, he's not ever welcome at my house again.

If me posting this causes him problems, well fine.  He was causing me problems by making me a part of his little deal.  If I have to go to jail, I'd rather it have more meaning than for drug dealing.

If a hostess of a party ever said to me, "I don't want you here," I'd leave.   What sane person wouldn't?

Note:  Yes, I did feel like I was being set up.

Russell Kanning

Dr. Kaufmann makes me laugh. :D
i have noticed that some forum posters have multiple personality disorder and it is my professional opinion that they should be laughed at.

Stone doesn't have the Cardinal Seal of Approval and seems to be suffering from an acute case of .... what do we call it? ... ah yes selfishness.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 10, 2009, 05:54 AM NHFT
He showed up at my house and asked if he could sell illegal drugs here.  I assumed if I said yes, I would then be involved in his illegal act.  I didn't really care to be a part of it, so I told him not to sell these things here, and told him I didn't even want him here.  He didn't leave, and went on to sell these things here when I wasn't around.  As far as I'm concerned, he's not ever welcome at my house again.

If me posting this causes him problems, well fine.  He was causing me problems by making me a part of his little deal.  If I have to go to jail, I'd rather it have more meaning than for drug dealing.

If a hostess of a party ever said to me, "I don't want you here," I'd leave.   What sane person wouldn't?

Note:  Yes, I did feel like I was being set up.

Very creepy Kat!   I always say, "go with the gut", and you'll probably never be wrong.  :)

K. Darien Freeheart

Stone is not welcome at Jerry's Place (really... this place needs a name!).

When he arrived, he was asked what his planned source of income was. His response was: I plan to make meth.

I've not seen Stone do that, but it was the first "creepy" vibe we got from him. There were a few other things such as his appearance changing every time he moved. He was also making conversations that bordered on innuendo that was making me, Lindsay and the target of these innuendos uncomfortable.

So far, this earned him creepy, but none of it was wrong.

Until he was arrested in Keene.

He called Jerry and asked if he could use this address in G as his. Jerry told him "No, I'd rather it not be on a police blotter."

Several weeks later, a court document arrived regarding his arrest; he'd used Jerry's address after being told he may not.

Additionally, I was present when he was selling at the Hoyt farm. In fairness, I don't think what he was selling was illegal (I'm not sure) but the fact that he was told by the property owners not to FAR outweighs the legality of it to me. I asked him, in front of other people why he's selling after being told not to. He even tried to argue it, claiming he has a natural right to sell and "don't I own wherever I'm at?"

I will also make this very clear that this next is heresay, but it comes from someone I consider a legitimate source. While in Keene, Stone has been accused of entering women's bedrooms while they aren't present and without permission. I buy this, because he seems to clearly have a boundaries issue if nothing else.

Why am I railroading Stone?

1.) He's done some things wrong. It wasn't until a few of us put our heads together that we realized this was a pattern, not just a quirky libertarian dude. Since we see it as a pattern, we want to warn people to be a bit cautious when dealing with him.

2.) Perhaps these really are tresspasses or faux pas and not disrespect. In this case, the only way Stone is going to be able to make ammends and repair the damage is for him to know specifically why people are upset. Perhaps the people around him are noticing patterns that he himself isn't aware of. I'm putting the ball in his court; perhaps he'll make changes.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 09, 2009, 09:09 AM NHFT
Curtis, if John had wanted to make public where he was talking about, he would have mentioned it.

AHHH, but now I'll never finish my report to the Feds....

Seriously, "Private residence in/near ______" would have sufficed. As far as I know, Stone has been in Keene, I was curious to know if he's spread since last I was aware.

Jim Johnson

I felt like I was being cased by Stone during last Tuesday's Movie Night.  He spent most of his time outside the movie room and then left early.
Stone asked me several times, that night, if I would be up in Grafton the following Thursday.
On Thursday morning I saw Stone in Keene and he asked me again about going to Grafton.  He seemed surprised and disappointed when I told him that I might not go because of the weather.  Stone then suggested that I go to the 420 event in Concord and was dismayed that he couldn't get a positive answer about where I would be that day.

In addition, Stone doesn't seem to me to be socially dysfunctional.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteSeriously, "Private residence in/near ______" would have sufficed. As far as I know, Stone has been in Keene, I was curious to know if he's spread since last I was aware.

I don't think John is concealing that, so I'll answer. I think he just assumes people know where he's at. Several of these incidents happened in Grafton. The ones I've mentioned were here at Jerry's place, and what John is referring to happened at the Hoyt Farm, also in Grafton.