• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thanksgiving Southwest

Started by TackleTheWorld, November 12, 2009, 04:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

What:  Thanksgiving Dinner and Pot Luck
When:  26 Nov 2009  10am - midnight
Where:  Jim and Lauren's Porc Manor in Winchester
Who:    People who read and like NHfree.com
Where?:  Call 239-8506 if you don't know how to get there.

Come on out, we'd love to see ya. 
Bring your delightful self, and some tasty food, maybe a beverage you like.

I'm not promising anything like a BBQ smoked turkey but Jim has been experimenting with some innovative metal enclosures lately. :)

dalebert

Pat K

:'( I have to work.

But I am sure a good time will be had by all. ;D

dalebert

Will some sort of consumption take place in time for me to make it back to FTL by 7?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dalebert on November 19, 2009, 01:17 PM NHFT
Will some sort of consumption take place in time for me to make it back to FTL by 7?

Oh yes, definitely.

I'm looking for first feeding about 2:30pm.

TackleTheWorld

Wow.  Just wow.  Jim constructed a smoker and today we tried it out on a turkey.  The results are superb.  Outside it's a deep deep brown color, inside is pink tender and smokey flavored.  It looks and tastes a lot like smoked ham, but more tender.  Wow.

Pat K

Tom Sawyer

It's not enough to have bigger and better tools... now I'm going to have to call him Chez Johnson. This renaissance man thing is really too much...

I'll just be over here in the corner feeling inadequate.  :'(   ;D

Russell Kanning

so ... do you need turkeys before the big day

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on November 19, 2009, 10:33 PM NHFT
Wow.  Just wow.  Jim constructed a smoker and today we tried it out on a turkey.  The results are superb.  Outside it's a deep deep brown color, inside is pink tender and smokey flavored.  It looks and tastes a lot like smoked ham, but more tender.  Wow.
Turns Turkey into Ham! Jim's a Damn Alchemist!

Friday

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 20, 2009, 04:43 AM NHFT
It's not enough to have bigger and better tools... now I'm going to have to call him Chez Johnson. This renaissance man thing is really too much...

Don't forget the mincing and prancing! And of course, his "pirate hat" is bigger than yours...

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Friday on November 20, 2009, 06:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 20, 2009, 04:43 AM NHFT

Don't forget the mincing and prancing! And of course, his "pirate hat" is bigger than yours...

*Runs crying from the room*   :'( :'( :'(
;D ;D ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Roger could just put up an image of  a 'virtual' pirate hat larger than.......let's say.....hmmn....a car! He can claim that he left it home to avoid breaking stuff.

Tom Sawyer

41mag

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on November 19, 2009, 10:33 PM NHFT
Next project:  smoke some of your own bacon.  If you need some apple wood, I know where you can get some.