• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thanksgiving Southwest

Started by TackleTheWorld, November 12, 2009, 04:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I see Johnson is on the job... up at the wee hours, smoking the turkeys...

I salute you  :clap: :tiphat:

KBCraig

Sawyer is on the job, up at the wee hours, giving applause...  ;)

No smoked or fried turkey in the Craig household. I love doing both, but Mrs. Craig insists on a traditional bird (which is currently sitting under its little aluminum foil puptent).

For our vegetarian Hindu guest, I made raita tonight, or at least as close as I could come; spicy tzatziki is more like it. I will be frying eggplant and zucchini and sweet potato strips tomorrow, and grilling some halved Napa cabbage.

All I can say is, I hope he likes pecan pie.  ;D

Jim Johnson

Every thing is looking good.   :)

I believe the tofu turkey is called a tofurkey.   :D

Becky Thatcher

We had a great time!!!!  Thanks to Jim and Lauren for hosting such a great shindig.  The smoked turkeys were so juicy and tasty.  Good friends, good food...good time!

:campfire: :broc1: :broc1: :bdance2: :bdance2: :beer: :occasion14: >:D

dalebert

K. Darien Freeheart

Dale and Kat passed out on the couch from a turkey overdose.

Pictures coming soon.  8)

KBCraig

Quote from: Kevin Dean on November 26, 2009, 10:03 PM NHFT
Dale and Kat passed out on the couch from a turkey overdose.

Pictures coming soon.  8)

:o Beware the icy stare!  :o

Pat K

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

Tom Sawyer

TackleTheWorld

What a handsome guy.
What an event!  I like how there was such a variety of people and their unique additions to the merriment.  Dale's innovative dishes, DaDa's innovative conversation topics, Brian's innovative business plans.  We got to watch mashed potatoes being made, the fire branding of a few pieces of lumber, and hear numerous stories of fun and adventure.  I enjoyed hearing many people's concerns, and jokes, and predictions.  It gets more fun every year.  Thanks to everyone for bringing themselves and their yummy food.

dalebert

And thank you and Jim for being such excellent hosts as usual. You forgot to mention the demonstration of the fire muffins.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Yeah, there was an interesting mix of folks. We had a wonderful time.

That smoked turkey was awesome... It thrilled and amazed me that pretty much all the bases were covered in the food department... spontaneous order?

The chocolate bacon was, to me, a surprising hit. Kind of addictive.

William had fun engaging in trade.

Thanksgiving seems such an appropriate holiday for the pioneers who's boldness brought them to their new home, new life and new friends.  8)

MengerFan

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're Tom Sawyer. Glad to have made your acquaintance, sir.