• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pizza, Beer, & Rocks (Thurs & Fri)

Started by dalebert, November 13, 2009, 11:00 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

UPDATE 11/19/2009: There is lots of beer left if anyone is feeling generous enough to come over today and/or tomorrow. I will probably pick up Subway sandwiches for lunch since we had pizza yesterday. I can also make brownies. I think we should not load down the wheel barrels as much and just make more trips.

UPDATE 11/16/2009: We have gravel and could use some extra hands on Wednesday. We'll be shoveling gravel into wheelbarrels and dumping it into the trench.

----

The party house in Marlborough is now all dug up with piles of dirt and rock around the edge of a 4 ft trench. It looks unlikely there will be another bonfire party before the snow starts coming down.

I could really use a bunch of hands to just gather some of the smaller rocks and line the bottom of the trench so we can put the pipes down. It looks like a ton of rain coming up after today so I find myself in kind of a crunch to make some progress today. Any help would be appreciated. Beer and pizza will be provided.

Sorry for the short notice. This is just turning out to be a bigger project than I anticipated and I just am not good at realizing I need the help ahead of time. I figure it's worth a try but I'm not going to be overly optimistic given the short notice. The last time I tried to ask for help on such short notice, it flopped and it was my own fault.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2009, 01:08 PM NHFT
Snow?

We haven't had any yet. The weather report calls for rain all week, literally every day. They could be wrong, of course.

Tom Sawyer

The intensity increases at our place as the seasonal change looms. All the stuff that we would like to accomplish before snowcover. Of course that is when everyone else needs help also... wish I could clone myself for the peak demand.

Your place is coming along Dale... You're doing great. Heck we slept on the floor for a year, and had to carry our groceries in back packs up the hill most of the first winter ;D

Jim Johnson

Sorry Dale.  :(

We were moving our rocks today.

dalebert

Well it looks like at least a couple people can help tomorrow. Not sure how much we'll be able to do since I can't seem to get the gravel people to call me back.

Puke

What time are you planning on starting?
I have a few things to do in the morning but I am coming over anyway to pick up something from Cooper. I can lug some shit around for a bit.

dalebert

Considering that it's raining and gravel hasn't arrived yet, I don't think anything's going to happen today after all.

Friday

Quote from: dalebert on November 13, 2009, 01:27 PM NHFT
The weather report calls for rain all week, literally every day. They could be wrong, of course.
?  I've checked three different weather sites, and none of them are predicting rain after today.  Are you using the world's most pessimistic weatherman?

Russell Kanning

i wish i could have been there .... for the pizza alone :)

dalebert

The gravel arrived finally! Josh is going to provide guidance this Wednesday as we fill the ditch back in. I could use any extra hands available so we can get this place back into shape for cool parties to continue. We'll prolly start about 10am.

dalebert

I'm making homemade pizza for the helpers with crust made from freshly-milled flour of whole wheat and barley. Neal says I should dress everyone like elves but I don't know if that would fly. About to make a run for extra pizza toppings and beer. Josh is here and he's kinda the "expert" on what we're doing so he should be able to guide. I'll prolly make some coffee brownies for dessert.

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

Puke