• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Now is the time to start thinking about gardening for this year.

Started by porcupine kate, November 14, 2009, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

Presumably, the ones we have planted will spread and, in the future, we will be able split the Rhizomes.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

porcupine kate

I have this mental image of the hops spreading like Kudzu and Jerry and Lloyd trying to hold it back with flame throwers to get rhizomes to share.  :)

Kat Kanning

Now I'm picturing them passing flaming rhizomes around a circle.

KBCraig

Raineyrocks

Is it too late to start planting tomatos inside?   I was going to put them on the deck after they started growing a little bit in the house, is that the right way to do it?        Will bears try to eat them on the deck?

Lloyd Danforth

No. When they see the tomatoes on the porch, they will realize people live in the house and go in and eat them.

AntonLee

I hope they eat tomatoes, I'd love to get that photo!   I'm going to topsy turvey my whole deck

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 27, 2010, 07:48 AM NHFT
No. When they see the tomatoes on the porch, they will realize people live in the house and go in and eat them.

Yikes!  :o

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AntonLee on April 27, 2010, 08:11 AM NHFT
I hope they eat tomatoes, I'd love to get that photo!   I'm going to topsy turvey my whole deck

I hope they leave my tomatos alone, they are Beefsteak tomatos, nummy!   Did you ever see the picture I posted of the 3 bears in my front yard?  That was wild.   They have come back already this year and took the trashcan up the cliff because Rick forgot to put it in his shed.  ::)     I don't go in his shed because I'm sure there are mice in there.       

I was going to buy one of those Topsy Turvey things but Lil' Ricky told me not to because he said they lie so I listened to him.  Let me know how yours turn out please.    Then I can bust Lil' Ricky's chops.  >:D