• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Now is the time to start thinking about gardening for this year.

Started by porcupine kate, November 14, 2009, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

see even patk gets a rosy outlook on life when spring comes

cathleeninnh

Russell Kanning

Pat K

PassionatePantherrr

Any interest in a plant swap sometime next month up here in Grafton? I have planted quite a few winter sown seeds, and things are starting to sprout :-) (Tat sai, rhubarb, amish bottle onion, a couple of others thus far). Let me know :-)

Russell Kanning

one of the crazy things here in texas is .... they are all almost done harvesting their wheat

KBCraig

Kat Kanning

I ate my first garden tomato a couple days ago  :)  Been picking peas, lots of beans and greens, zucchini.

PassionatePantherrr

I have tomato seedlings... last frost date is June 6th, hopefully will get "early" tomatoes by the end of July, late ones before the end of August... I've got to container start my squash and scarlet runner this week so I'll have some ripe enough to harvest by 1st frost in Sept. Fun fun!

Russell Kanning

avoiding the frost is always a joy isn't it?
in wyoming i don't think there was a frost free month

jerry

Things are not going too well in the backyard here in Southern Tropical Grafton. 
The high temps in March combined with late freezes pretty much devastated the apples and pears.

There is ONE peach on one tree. picture attached

The early blueberry bush is ripening, but sparse.  The late bush is loaded (see picture)

The grapes are malformed and only a few per bunch.

The winner is the hops plants.  One vine is already ten feet tall.

Tom Sawyer

Gardening is tough... nature giveth and taketh away. Upside the plants are still alive and without the fruit will put the energy into growth.

I've been wanting to grow hops.  8)

Russell Kanning

sad but then very cool
last summer was murder on plants in texas ... hottest summer ever killed all the corn and most of the cotton. some of my tree plantings and transplants survived so they are going great this year with all the rain
kat has tomatoes growing wild everywhere she has been

KBCraig

Quote from: jerry on July 03, 2012, 06:29 PM NHFT

Put the hops to good use, and you'll forget about the rest.  8)

jerry

Quote from: KBCraig on July 03, 2012, 10:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: jerry on July 03, 2012, 06:29 PM NHFT

Put the hops to good use, and you'll forget about the rest.  8)

Just last night I threw some of last year's harvest in to a batch of George Washington's Small Beer.